Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting up a wfp service.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TommyGun

Hi i'm started to get some things together for a new business i'm starting out, i've a little money to play with. I work from a people carrier so will be using 25 litre container and a trolley system.

So far i've purchased a pretty good osmosis system, now looking at a pole.

I thought i might as well go for a pretty good pole like gardiners slx 30 to start off with instead of getting a cheapo and then having to fork out extra pretty quick on a better one.

The deal with the pole is it a good pole to be using at short lengths or do they ideally work better when fully extended?

Also will be getting the best hose on a reel, with the best pump i can get and a controller, experience has told me to buy the one i want first so i don’t buy twice.

One other thing i is do you guys use a soap dispenser at all?

I've cleaned traditionally with a ladder for some time a few years ago so will be starting a fresh.

I like your thinking how you don't want to buy cheap equipment just to save money, I worked for people who had the opposite mentality, i tell you it can cause pain and injuries (i've had shoulder problems) and slows you down most importantly.

I have an slx22 it's the best pole i ever had, i dont think i could live with a sllx25 let alone 30, 1.they're heavier 2.not as compact when collapsed. I have one extension so i can make it 26 foot, that's the highest i have to reach

I use that small claber hose reel and its perfect

My shurflo pump has been running for about 2-3 years now, can't complain really

I always try and buy the best i can with everything, especially tools, work is better done with better tools in my opinion. It's more wasteful to buy twice let alone more expensive.

The reason behind using a 30ft was to get at 3 story town houses, as there is a recent trend in my area towards these type of building. I doubt a 22ft were reach, i could always take off bottom sections from the 30ft when i'm not in need of the extra length. Maybe putting a removable sleeve over the bottom section to protect it. I can't see anything going wrong with this idea of removing sections when not in use or maybe i'm missing something, only wanted to get one pole for all the work.

Ive got 2 poles. SLX 25 and SLX 35.

I tried using one pole, but its either too heavy or doesn't reach everything.

Changing sections on your poles whilst out working is too much of a pain and really slows you down. Defo get two. One for everyday use and main weapon of attack and one that reaches 3 storey houses. Good luck

I have a SLX 18 and a SLX 35. I am going to buy an extension for the SLX 18 as it just isn't quite long enough. As a SLX 22 I will have it covered.

I've never gone for much with poles. To me they serve one purpose. They get you to the window. Wheather it's blue green red pink whatever it serves one purpose. I have a nice facelift pole but still use my homemade Harris pole a lot. It's light & does what I want it to do. It gets me to the window!!!!

I've bought the slx30, need to get a pump going for the shurflo. Will order the ez snaps and a pole flow control valve that clips onto the end of the pole. I'm torn between the best 8mm hose and the mega flex and then there is the price for a reel to put it on, can't believe there so expensive, the one i got my eye on is over £100. Batterys better get 2 of those, any recommendations on size and type?

I've spent a lot and now really the only thing to get is pipe connections and a battery, considering its being used on a trolley system is there any recommendations?

Latest Posts

Back