bought some more work

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by CHWS, Jan 26, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Well last night I do my usual gumtree searches , window cleaning being one of them and found some work for sale 12 miles down the road. The ad was for a round worth 440 every 4 weeks and the fella was looking 3k. Straight away I thought it was on the expensive side. So anyway went and met up with the fella and he took me round it showed me the route etc. Few stragglers to start off with but then working into more compact. He said it took him 22 hours to do which after going round it I thought was pretty slow. I have me and another guy working it and I reckon we will do it in 2 days easy. I'm quite glad iv went now as he had this as his bit on the side and 2 other guys worked with him . Apparently they are lazy as and aren't getting round their run as it is so could well possibly lead to more work for sale that would be adding to my run in a neighbouring town. What's your thoughts do you think I'm mad paying that much for a run that has been established only 6/7 years??

Advertisement
  2. Damo

Damo Guru

I would never ever buy work again, unless it was 100/200 plus houses.

Canvassing is harder to sort out, but with better results imo.

3. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Iv never been a fan off canvassing myself , just don't have the time for it, all this work seems well priced and easy enough

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

As long as it is well priced and solid and you are happy that is all that counts.

I personally would not pay 8x cleans but i would happily sell for that ;)

5. Damo

Damo Guru

That's why you pay someone ;)

As long as you don't loose all the customers as its a new face. It's amazing how many people cancel when a new face comes on board just because it's a way saving face lol

6. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Well that's it mate , last year I bought smashing work 750 worth for 2800, and 2 off us are getting it done in 2 and a half days . The main thing is it gets me into this new town , the towns name is NEWTOWNards lol.

7. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Ino too well of that damo and couldn't agree more, many people see it off the chance to not get them done anymore as they are too shy to say to their windows cleaner. He's even said to me to get a contract drawn up and pay half the money and then pay the other half when I'm happy. Still haven't agreed a price yet so hopefully I'll get a few quid knocked off. Turned out he's mates with a lot of people I no and works with a very good mate off mine so hopefully that's a bit more to get discounted lol

8. Scots lad

Scots lad Active Member

Id say 8x is expensive

9. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

It's 6.8 times but still expensive at that Imo . But I'm sure it will pay off in the long run

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Up Scotland for sure, could you even get 8 cleans in done in a year with the weather up there?

Advertisement