Bps scaffolding tower for roof cleaning

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by sdrah, Jun 15, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sdrah

sdrah Guest

I keep getting calls for roof cleaning and really don't want to turn the customer away - however I can't continue using a cheap roof ladder only as I find it a very unsafe method ... Could you kindly advise me what do I need to carry on roof cleaning in a safe manner ?

I would consider any kits up to £1500 in total as I can't afford to pay more . Most roofers use scaffolding - some use ladders and anchors . What do you thing about this tower will it be useful for what I need it for ? http://www.laddersandscaffoldtowers.co.uk/acatalog/quick_erect_trade_scaffolding_towers.html not sure how easily can be moved around especially by one person ...

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That tower only offers you a certain amount of fall protection if you stay in it.

Scaffold the whole building including edge protection by a registered scaffolding company maybe?

Mind you H&S are not very keen on seeing ppl using a pressure washer stood on roofs tiles or from cat ladders for that matter even when using full scaffolding as the risk of a fall is greatly increased due to the tiles being wet/slippery and using a pressure washer as you can easily lose your balance. Then also would using a safety harnes and life lines be enough for HSE to make it safer who knows.

Best you contact H&S direct if you ask me.

3. sdrah

sdrah Guest

thanks smurf - I ll be better cleaning windows then otherwise I might be very sorry one day ..

Advertisement