Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New starter

Ian cullen

Hi all,just after abit of advice I’m new to the game I am just starting out at the end of January on a budget of 5k.I have looked at vans wfp systems etc on eBay gumtree etc,I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on getting started I’ve looked into getting a company to canvass for me as I didn’t want to go into the job with no custom etc.Any advice would be great full cheers guys.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I’ve looked into getting a company to canvass for me
customers want to see you, build your round up on your personality! at the end of the day from what i have learnt doing this for a little over a year its the relationship that will make people stick with you ( and doing a good job as well) also keep the round tight to where you live. 

get yourself a google business page, to start with, and as you get customers and you develop a relationship with them get the to leave a review on your page for you( text them a link to your pages facebook as well, yell to ,) what some  people do is when looking for a window cleaner is jump on google and look for window cleaners near them. ( google it your self ... loads will come up some with 1 or 2 reviews  some with more.) you should view it as a challenge to get the most!!!   may take a bit of time but who are people going to ring the guy with no reviews or the guy with 7 8 or 9 five star reviews. 

Last edited by a moderator:
customers want to see you, build your round up on your personality! at the end of the day from what i have learnt doing this for a little over a year its the relationship that will make people stick with you ( and doing a good job as well) also keep the round tight to where you live. 

get yourself a google business page, to start with, and as you get customers and you develop a relationship with them get the to leave a review on your page for you( text them a link to your pages facebook as well, yell to ,) what some  people do is when looking for a window cleaner is jump on google and look for window cleaners near them. ( google it your self ... loads will come up some with 1 or 2 reviews  some with more.) you should view it as a challenge to get the most!!!   may take a bit of time but who are people going to ring the guy with no reviews or the guy with 7 8 or 9 five star reviews. 
Thanks mate appreciate the info cheers

start knocking straight away, build up a customer base now, and book in for when you start. As for 5k startup, id suggest a diy setup, save yourself some money, the first few months with be a struggle, so save as much as you can. You can get a van mount diy built for £5-600, van for £1-2k, if you need an Ro add £300ish for ro, ibc and transfer pump, and £60 on trad gear if your gonna off internals, or to use as a backup if your system develops a fault. Save 2k to cover bills. Knock until your feet hurt and keep going, and get some flyers and business cards made up, not to post, but to hand out when working/canvassing, as some will ask for your details for future reference, as some would have overspent over Christmas and new years.

start knocking straight away, build up a customer base now, and book in for when you start. As for 5k startup, id suggest a diy setup, save yourself some money, the first few months with be a struggle, so save as much as you can. You can get a van mount diy built for £5-600, van for £1-2k, if you need an Ro add £300ish for ro, ibc and transfer pump, and £60 on trad gear if your gonna off internals, or to use as a backup if your system develops a fault. Save 2k to cover bills. Knock until your feet hurt and keep going, and get some flyers and business cards made up, not to post, but to hand out when working/canvassing, as some will ask for your details for future reference, as some would have overspent over Christmas and new years.
Thanks mate appreciate the info

Are you currently employed or in work?

If you are, then I’d seriously suggest just building up a round by working Saturdays etc. 

January is a difficult time of year to start, both with weather, and customers cash flow. 

Best set way is to canvas yourself, and clean the following day. Followed by another canvass In The area you have just picked up some customers, or a leaflet drop combination.  It’s not a quick process. 

Do do you have any previous experience window cleaning? 

Are you currently employed or in work?

If you are, then I’d seriously suggest just building up a round by working Saturdays etc. 

January is a difficult time of year to start, both with weather, and customers cash flow. 

Best set way is to canvas yourself, and clean the following day. Followed by another canvass In The area you have just picked up some customers, or a leaflet drop combination.  It’s not a quick process. 

Do do you have any previous experience window cleaning? 

Hi mate no previous experiance,I’m working at the minute van driving so yes was going to work around my current job so I’m not losing everything and build it steady

Hi mate no previous experiance,I’m working at the minute van driving so yes was going to work around my current job so I’m not losing everything and build it steady

Ah that’s perfect then I’d say. Sorry I thought at first you meant you were just starting from scratch and jumping in straight away. 

This forum and others are a great resource for learning the techniques etc. With your budget I’d definitely go the diy route to start. 

Start with the basics of how your going to get purified water, and hen build from there. 

Ah that’s perfect then I’d say. Sorry I thought at first you meant you were just starting from scratch and jumping in straight away. 

This forum and others are a great resource for learning the techniques etc. With your budget I’d definitely go the diy route to start. 

Start with the basics of how your going to get purified water, and hen build from there. 
I will do pal thanks for the info appreciate it

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock