Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Very strange pump/controller problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

Jamin DeMarco

Hi guys was wondering if you could help with a perplexing problem. I was having what looked like earth issues with my system. I have a spring digital pump controller and shurflo 8000 pump. 

When I turned on my system my controller and pump would come to life for a fraction of a second. Then dissapear. 

After changing all connectors and wires I opened up the pump and the piece that holds the brushes snapped off, so I bought a new pump.

Heres the weird bit. Just wired new pump up same story.

When I disconnect the blue/black wire to the controller the controller finally lights up and reads as normal. When I reconnect the pump with the controller ON it works perfectly, pumps away with no hassle. Then if I turn the controller off , and try to turn it on again with that black/blue wire still connected -same fractional blip

Why does it work fine when you connect that wire AFTER the pump controller is on and does not work if you start the pump conroller with the pump CONNECTED?

Appreciate your replies in advance

Last edited:
Check leads around your battery. I had a similar problem to you, I thought my controller was on the blink because it would work and then stop, then work again. I changed over controllers for a new one I keep as a spare. Same thing was happening. I wondered if it was the pump playing up. Eventually I checked the wires at the battery. One was loose  :1f633:

Cheers tuffers, 

But ive just redone all the wiring around the battery as well, could be my crocodile clips, let me check.

Latest Posts

Back