Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Get Your Thinking Caps On Lads

Tuffers

Right, I know @Jake has fitted hose guide to his van and I have been thinking of doing the same for a while now. At present I leave my door open and work with a minibore hose with a protective disc and tap on it. I'm thinking of cutting a few inches off the hose and inserting a female 8mm EZ-Snap into the hose. On the tap I will have 2x EZ-Snap male connectors. On my pole hose I will keep the female EZ-Snap. This way I can have a quick release system so that I can connect the tap/disc on the outside of the door.

Now comes the difficult part. I'm going to buy 2x hose guides View attachment 6071

I will be fitting them to theses doors.

View attachment 6074

How would you do this, what size drill hole, I suppose nut and bolt to keep in place, but my main concern is keeping water out of the inside of the door if the outside is exposed. How would you cover the outer hose guide? My only option is to put them on the doors as putting them in the floor would mean me clambering under the van to connect the 2 parts of minibore.

View attachment 6072

View attachment 6073

id fit it onto the inside van flooring near the rear door, feed it from underneatf, just feed reel hose out and fir pole hose and close van up.it should reel out with ease and back in. too much messing about with rear doors, might make a booby of it , your doors knackered then

or get a body shop who can fit a cover over it keep rain out. ask around a few car refinishers, they probably know how to do it professionally

Some time back Tuffers I saw a picture of a chap that had 'hinged' his number plate so it lifted up and had installed his roller guide behind it, nice touch. Food for thought.
I think @mark m posted a link to one a while back. It has crossed my mind but my reel is on the right side of my van and number plate on the left. It would mean re jigging my van :confused:. Good thinking though batman.

Put it in the floor just behind the doors

No need to climb under van

Poke hose through from inside and you can reach with your hand to pull it through and connect to pole hose

Once connected put pole in the van or on the roof between jobs with the hose still connected and shut the door on it

I've used that setup and it works perfectly

been my thoughts for the last month tuffers,just bought a vivaro and the door skins are different to my transit to which i have the number plate flap(you'll not find them on ebay etc as only a few were made)i'm seeing the guru tommorrow to see if he can make me something like the flap with two guides rollers/inlet fill hose connection etc View attachment 6081

View attachment 6082 failing that i'll adapt the transit one to fit or sell it

been my thoughts for the last month tuffers,just bought a vivaro and the door skins are different to my transit to which i have the number plate flap(you'll not find them on ebay etc as only a few were made)i'm seeing the guru tommorrow to see if he can make me something like the flap with two guides rollers/inlet fill hose connection etc View attachment 8768View attachment 8769 failing that i'll adapt the transit one to fit or sell it
Like it Kev. I need a flap that's going to stay up when reeling in. I'm struggling with ideas of a way round it tbh.

Back