Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bright future ahead

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Knoxy

Handed in my notice at Royal Mail yesterday after 20 years service, so far I'm fully kitted out with a van, wfp, and loads of cloths etc. Got 5000 leaflets,500 business cards, website and a massive smile, I've got 21 people on the books and I've not even started door knocking yet. I'm away on holiday at the moment and chomping at the bit to get back and start knocking on doors, I did bring my diary with me just on the off chance anyone calls and low and behold I had 2 ladies call for jobs today :) thanks to all who have help me with advice on this great forum.

God to hear that pal, get stuck in there!.

Heed the words of that great philosopher Bear Grylls(!); Behold the turtle, he only makes progress when he sticks his neck out! :)

All the best fella

I'm itching to leave my jobs but is a big move

have you only just started ? like this week sort of thing 24 a good start mate without any leaflets dropped yet :]

Ref all the good luck msgs. Can't quite remember who said but the quote is "the harder I work the luckier I seem to get".

Get stuck in and enjoy it. You'll soon find out why we're such a happy bunch! ))))))

worked as a postie for a couple of years myself, heard its got absolutly beyond working for them these days... best of luck to you hope it works out well!!!

Thanks everyone, just got back from 5 days holiday, never been so excited to get back from holiday and get some work done. Got a few quotes to do tomorrow and a couple of cleans./emoticons/wink.png

Go for it!!!!... Your Royal Mail experience will help you loads. Your customer focused from the off.... You know about rounds etc. Now it time to create your round, where you want it... When I was a posty I had 644 houses on a bike round and all the politcs of the job kept changing - which did my head in, so, I went to local government and found that Refuse loading was surrounded by the same.... Front line staff always get **** on... A simple good job made differcult by people who have never done in!... Do it your way mate. Get out and about, leaflet drop, word of mouth etc etc, tell people your a x-posty... People like someone they can trust.... Thing about yourself as a customer and what you would want from your window cleaner... Good luck and keep motivated!!!

Latest Posts

Back