Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

customer welcome package

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

Offer them them a free window clean... but only on their 5th and 10th time? as a welcome package

or maybe half price instead ?

give them some discount vouchers maybe ?

what do you all reckon

just do a good job & offer a good choice of ways to pay & any extras , gutters , insides etc its all you need

no need to your a window cleaner not tescos

i thought about a welcome pack to explain how wfp works and some FAQ in there and maby a pic or 2 for people who cant get my website

but never got round to it and people just dont expect it.

iv got a website now which explains 99% of my business to people which i can put on my flyers

also for offers and stuff i will do these but 20% of first clean for monthly customers and have this on my banner on my website

i charge x1.5 at least for 1st cleans & use this to explain wfp & the fact that its cleans the whole frame etc & never had a refusal

hi when doing domestic i always tell the customer if they can get me anymore houses normally 4-5 then i will do them a deal on their house (free clean or discount) & i also carry a4 paper printed with an introduction to Wfp & an easy to follow few notes on what to expect from this method of cleaning & the advantages & my mobile number should they think of anything else they need to ask, seems to put customer at ease when changing over from traditional

Hi Adrian could you put a copy of the wfp on here pls, I would like to carry something like that because a lot of people don't believe it works /emoticons/unsure.png

I personally don't agree with giving free cleans etc. Taking up harunh suggestion for instance, if you've done the 4th/9th clean, next time round you are not going to be very motivated to do job. Believe me, it's sometimes hard enough when you know you are going to be paid!! You could end up working for days for nothing!!

Value what you do, value yourself. If you are doing a good job you're customers will value you as well. You don't/shouldn't need to give it away.

I know personally 15-20 window cleaners and I have never heard anyone discuss giving free cleans as a way of promoting their business and we are all doing well. It's a slippery slope - don't go down it.

It's good to think about new things & good ways to get business...but in my experience, people just aren't that bothered nor do they expect it from their window cleaner.

If you're reliable, do a good job, at a price they're happy with, I think those 3 things are what win and keep you customers.

Hi Adrian could you put a copy of the wfp on here pls, I would like to carry something like that because a lot of people don't believe it works /emoticons/unsure.png
hiya yes i can do that for you if only i knew how (just do basics on comp lol) if you have a fax i can fax it over to you unless you can try to explain to an ageing brummie how you go about it lol cheers

hiya windyman hows it going ? i suppose your comments are right but a nice sunny disposition goes a long way also dont you think ?

Yep definately mate. I had comments from custies who've gone with me over other windy's just because they were miserable & I was friendly. Makes the world of difference.

Do you have a copy of it on your computer Adrian ?
Sorry mate i dont it was one i borrowed of one of the other forums & just printed loads of, now when i want anymore i just copy it on my printer. Sorry mate would really love to help if i can

Back