Brilliant van heater

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by ♠Winp®oClean♠, Dec 29, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

Advertisement
  2. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I have one of these in my van, put it in tonight to see how effective it would be. So far it is nice and warm inside and I have a clear windscreen. Every other vehicle in the street is icy.

3. ♠Winp®oClean♠

We spent the first winter in our cottage with no central heating & I'd ripped all the storage heaters out too!! I bought some of those Halogen heaters & soon realised just how rubbish they are- feel hot if you put your hand in front of it but doesn't disperse any heat. Tried a few others, even an oil filled rad but these in the link above were so much better than all the others. They could heat a room where the others would just heat an area of a room & you have so much control with them too. The thermostat, timer & turbo fan are priceless features for van heating!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

What if drips of condensation off your van roof dropped in the slotted part? :confused:

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I have a posher version of that in my van tonight that I've used for a few winters myself:thumbsup:

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Would you say it's safe Smurf? I'd be a bit edgy about using an electric heater with open grills and possible condensation dropping inside it.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

The one I have has a build it cut out if it should fall over and/or short out :)

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

9. ♠Winp®oClean♠

The heating elements are in the bottom of the unit. Any drips of condensation, even if the missed the grill & hit the element would just sizzle off just like a drop of water hitting a heat ring on an electric cooker.

10. ♠Winp®oClean♠

That one has no fan or timer though. The timer is really handy- it means you can have it coming on & off at various times throughout the night i.e. it doesn't have to be on all night. The fan is also a bonus, it rapidly moves the hot air around.;)

Advertisement