Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to use a micro fibre properly

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paulben

Want to change over to microfiber fed up with leaving lint on windows, but every time I try a mircofibre cloth for detailing it tends to leave "sparkly bits "am I supposed to use damp or dry

Not all micros are great for detailing.

I personally use the paragon fishscale as a few do on here or a micro called the waffle. Both great for detailing.

You will get a few more on here telling you what they use then its just trial & error what's best for you. As I said some micros are rubbish for detailing.

Saying that a lot still use the scrim.

Got fed up with scrim too! Found some micros in the local janitorial shop. Just called micro glass cleaning cloth! Not even sure who makes them, they're ok but I know there's better. Don't think I'd go back to scrim, I found they wore out quicker, and of course the lintels. Never had sparkly bits with the micros though!

And you use them dry.
Or damp

Try wilkos..they do big ones called glass cleaning cloth for £3

http://www.wilko.com/scourers-cloths+gloves/wilko-glass-cleaning-microfibre-cloth-blue-60cmx80cm/invt/0328272

Or try these from asda..small but fluff free..just need to take the black edging off by cutting the stitching..worth having a few for a quid each..mine usually get used as frame cleanimg cloths

http://groceries.asda.com/product/car-cleaning/asda-blue-glass-cloth/910000930761

Theres also good scrims and bad scrims. I've found the unger pre washed ones to be best, but even they're not created equal. Either way, the more they're washed, the better they get.

Want to change over to microfiber fed up with leaving lint on windows, but every time I try a mircofibre cloth for detailing it tends to leave "sparkly bits "am I supposed to use damp or dry

thank god someone else gets the sparkly bits..

thought it was only me...from memory...scrim can leave something too so Im not sure what the answer is..

the only true clean is either wfp running correct or squeegee clean..

and yes I have found it hard to know whether to use dry or damp etc..

I use bone dry for detailing but for cleaning a full window I spray first..or ..use the end of my applicator to wet the window a bit..

the sparkles though is hard to spot it has to be in the sun at the right angle...

not so sure most custys would spot them..

I am going to try scrim again shortly.../emoticons/biggrin.png

buy all my cloths from Paragon use microfibre fishscale and microfibre glass cloths for detailing and use their standard microfibre cloths 300 gsm for sills and frames.The fishscale and glass cloths are much tighter weave than standard microfibre cloth so are excellent on the glass also really good prices.I even use their microfibre pet towels for all my dogs so if they can dry my mutts after they roll in all the :turd: they must be good

eh buy a liquidator and you wont need any detailing cloths :thumbsup:

just a bit of practice required

I use scrim for most detailing, as find they don't get as wet as quick than microfibre, I carry fishscale for small door Windows n for removing marks left on Windows after squeegee.

The best cloth ever for detailing IMO were Paragon's light blue Micofibre cloths. They don't make them anymore as I discovered when I had to re-order :-(

I wrote to them explaining my predicament, and they said the firm that made them for them went bust!

I find the new darker blue one's okay, but not as perfect and the light blue they did.

I use fish scale to replace my scrim around the edges, but still prefer a scrim for detailing in bright sun thru the window.

I found the Green Unger Microfibre to be the worst I've tried for detailing. I use em for cleaning my van now.View attachment 4930

The bottom one is the old & best one imo.

Back