Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Sore On The Neck Is It Using Wfp?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S.W. Window Cleaning

Hi,

Im hoping to start window cleaning as of 1st January. I suffer a bit with a bad neck. My ciropractor thinks this would be a bad job to start because of my neck. Is it as bad as he makes out?

Cheers,

Steve

It can be if you have a bad neck but I'm ok with it.....Like anything you do can give you repeditive strain injury so maybe best for you to buy first a 5m harris pole from B&Q for £15 & stick a buish on the end then stand in your garden and pretend to clean the top windows to see if your kneck starts playing up.

At least that way you will soon know instead of spending out on wfp kit.

If you try and keep ur neck still a bit and bend back with the back it shouldn't be to bad, any part will ache for the first few days of doing it

I went on the window cleaning course, there is a neck protector to stop you getting neck ache, not sure what its called though?

RC do you know what am talking about??(I know you went on that course)

I went on the window cleaning course, there is a neck protector to stop you getting neck ache, not sure what its called though?

RC do you know what am talking about??(I know you went on that course)
Yer that red one, it felt strange when it was on, I'll see if I can find link to it

I broke my neck and back, and have had no problems with using the pole.. Sometimes my arms feel like their burning. I sometimes get a sore back and neck in the mornings but using wfp does not increase or effect it

This is the same neck support but look how much water hes using to clean the windows!!! Thats ridiculous lol

Take a look at this video on YouTube:

seen that last night,.... he says been doing it 20 years you know then uses heavy tucker pole. Go figure /emoticons/biggrin.png

bet he doesn't get any spotting though with that flow rate :rolleyes:

I'm guessing he uses something like this too as he is working on a roof....

[media]

[/media]

As someone who suffers neck problems I would say that it doesn't cause me too many problems, in fact I find that doing paperwork is much more likely to cause issues as the head is at a bad angle on the neck whereas looking up poling is far less stressful, however it depends on the injury. I remember Jeff Brimble trying one of those neck protect things but it didn't do much for him. You will need to work with the lightest equipment you can to minimise strain on the body. And you should expect some aches and pains as your body adjusts to cope with the new demands you will place on it.

Oh, and keep your neck warm, cold breezes are your enemy.

Back