Brodex In Liquidation

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Smurf, Oct 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It seems Bordex have stopped trading so just thought you might like to know lads....

Advertisement
  2. harunh

harunh Legend

I heard, every1 used to complain bout em anyway lol :|

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Time to buy cheap poles then!?lol

4. harunh

harunh Legend

Facelift have come and brodex have gone

5. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

Facelift as a trademark have been going for years. I know the original founder, top bloke.

Due to health reasons it was sold to Steve Fox director of WCW bought it over

6. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Hi Doug,

On another forum you commented how difficult it was being a supplier and I'm sure you are right.

However one of the prerequisites of being a successful supplier is offering a good, quick delivery service, which in my personal experience you do offer.

From my personal experience, Brodex’s sales and service was very poor and slow. Over the years it never changed. Poor service is remembered long after the joy of a low price we were always taught in the sales business.

Years ago I bought 2 Ali poles on special – got a specials text from them. They arrived 10 days later with wrong brushes and were charged at retail. It took weeks and much arguing to get a credit for the difference between the quoted price and the special price. By that time I had to pay the full amount off on my credit card and eventually got a credit the following payment month.
    TBH, the cost to me of trying to get this sorted was worth more than the credit I was asking for. That was the first and last order I ever placed with them. Over the years they sent dozens of texts with specials, but I would never entertain them. I was bitten once, not again. They had my custom, they then lost it themselves.

From what others said over the years many have experienced the same awful service. Whilst I’m sorry for those who have placed an order awaiting an item, I’m not sorry to hear of their demise. Good riddance I think is the expression.

7. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

The service you refer to is only a small part of it, the window cleaning market or any other market is never saturated with a good product, but markets are always full with bad products that go wrong or don’t last.

Quality means doing it right and that’s the best service a customer can get, its not if there order is there the next day, or if there order is late. Having a **** product turn upon time, every time or next day delivery is all too easy to do, most forums are full of post where the customer got there order a few hours later the following morning, only to find them complaining on a forum the next day.

Service starts with the quality of the product, if that isn’t right the service after this don’t matter.

Richard

8. spruce

spruce Grand Master

But Richard,

Brodex had a good product. Yes quality is important, but their execution was ****! You can't go on messing your customer around forever. You run out of new customers. Yes there are always going to be complainers on these forums, but with so many of us experiencing bad sales execution, it just couldn't last.

9. adrian5139

adrian5139 Member

blimey it was only the other day some chap from Brodex Stephen Riley (sales account manager) phoned me to say he was now in charge of my account then he e-mailed me with his contact details & now you say they have gone into liquidation.......strange

10. harunh

harunh Legend

Oh welll r.i.p brodex lol

Advertisement