Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Broken back pack speed controller

WCF

Help Support WCF:

vito61

I have a bright orange back pack from window cleaning warehouse. Sadly in the course of business the speed control **** got broken off. As they want something in excess of £20 (including vat and postage) anybody had any experience with repairing it a little (read lot) cheaper.

Your comments mucho appreciato.

Diolch yn fawr (thats your actual Welsh - means 'thank you'. I thought window cleaning warehouse might appreciate that ;-))

I have one of the wcw back packs and have also had the speed controller **** break off. The only way I could manage to turn it was with a drill bit and some mole grips (and that's not brilliant), so its now set on one permanent setting and I has never been touched since. I dont think there's any easy way to fix as its so small where its broke and you'll probably end up glueing it so it can not be turned. However if you can set it to a speed you are happy with then it will not cause you too much concern. I have a van system, but I still use my back pack at least once or twice a day on houses where trailing a hose through dog s**t and such like just does nothing for my appe***e /emoticons/biggrin.png

I had this happen on mine, unfortunately I couldn't work out a way to fix it. Until finally I got rid of it /emoticons/biggrin.png

James.

Hmmmm.... Thanks for your comments chaps, looks like I may be trail blazer. "I'm going outside. I may be some time".

I might take it apart, check out the **** thing and see if there's anything similar in my local Maplins.

Read a thread on another forum how, someone got a controller from Maplins and fitted to a sureflow backpack and it works. maybe it can work on yours, go on give it a go and let us know how you get on.:idea:

alternativly you can sell it on ebay, for some reason people like to buy broken gadgets for alot of money:idea:

Hi mate I've had this happen and fixed it! I'm lying a bit tho, as my fix was WCW sent me another one for free.

How long have u had it? Is it the v3 with the controll protector?? At WCW they have to give u a price to see if you will buy it, but if you (nicely) say ur not happy & you want one sent out (as long as you haven't had it for yonks) they should send you one.

The controller is fairly easy to change, just a few wires. Just change one at a time so you know which wire goes where.

Back