Broken Double Glazing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by vito61, Oct 17, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Hi All
    I've just had a customer ask me to only use traditional from now on. His complaint is that an inner piece of glass has shattered (toughened glass, sealed unit). I only ever do the outside. The manufacturer, lets call them Angle-iron Windows, has pointed finger at my good self. I cannot work out how this could have happened. Can wfp system cause this? I did not wack the window at any time. :huh:

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Sounds very unlikely it was you unless you hit it. Sadly it is their word against yours.

3. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Absolutely did not hit it. Customer not particularly blaming me. As he said to me "seed of doubt planted by d/g company" who btw, want something like £850 (!!!!!) to replace sealed unit approx 750mm x 750mm.

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

hmmm sounds dodgy to me

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

moving this to window cleaning chat.

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

I would try and get a second opinion from another friendly DD company,I would think the outside glass would have damage if it was a clout from a WFP brush.More likely a faulty unit or broken from the inside.Sounds very fishy to me.

7. Paulie18

Paulie18 Guest

Hi. I'm actually a glazier by trade, as well as a budding window cleaner. First off, there is no way I can see the inner pane being broken by a wfp. Breaking the outer pane would be highly unlikely. It couldn't have been you, and the window company knows that. You're being used as a scapegoat for what was most likely either the unwitting fault of the customer or some internal pressure in the window's rebate which caused the unit to crack. The latter would implicate the window company, so naturally they're happy for you to take the rap.

Sounds like a stalemate to me. Best put it down to experience. At least you kept the customer.

8. kars

kars Guest

Sounds like a no brainer to me! How could you possibly have caused that? ... stand your ground and stop feeling guilty i say! good luck..:huh:

9. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your kind words everybody. It confirms my initial thinking. Darn those pesky scallywags and bounders at Angle-iron windows! I'll show them!

10. kars

kars Guest

You've been made to feel guilty when it wasnt ur fault. let the customer know this and stand ur ground. if ur really worried get advice from ur local CAB i recon?

At the end of the day thats what u have insurance for but there is no point in claiming if u were not at fault so dont even go there.

stay in touch with ur customer over this to show ur annoyance at them blaming u and offer support. Use it as a valuable learning curve.

Good luck and let us no the outcome..:huh:

Advertisement