Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quotes

JDMW

ok im going wrong somewhere i know it. i have had 5 quotes this week to do and every single one ive done has said there not interested they will get someone else to do there windows and guttering. i dont like to talk much bout what i quote etc but a few were 3 bed homes and they wanted 8 weekly cleans, some had 12 windows and the others had 14 and 15 windows. so i put id clean every 8 weeks for 15 quid. are my prices a rip off. ?? gutter clean it had guttering all over the place, a 1/2m section coming off a 10m section and round the front there was 2 sections at 5m. then there was a sun lounge thing with 3m of guttering. the 10m guttering was a good 20 foot up on level 3 easy. i said 80 quid coz i hate doing guttering and she said she had someone quote her 40 for the lot. :wacko: :huh:

your windows seem about right to me but every weres different was it gutters only or guttering and fascia gutters only I would probally be around £60 depending on access, awkwardness, big tuffs of grass etc gutters and fascia's probally around £100 more if there was soffits to clean aswell

Some people just won't pay,two towns I cover,one is very affluent and always get good money the other I find I walk away every other quote but now in a position to do so,just stick at it mate,some people want something for nothing.

some people that do gutter cleaning in my area start at £25 for a house,
mine start from £25 but its rare il do one at that, that's usually a 2 bed new build that has about 6m at front and 6m at back and just a vac out with easy access. some trad cleaners round my area have done them for a tenner for a dig out chucked it in there bucket give then tipped it in there wheelie bin quick rinse of a bucket and back on to windows. (I was working next door and watched him then he bragged saying not bad eh 30 mins work for a tenner)

your windows seem about right to me but every weres different was it gutters only or guttering and fascia gutters only I would probally be around £60 depending on access, awkwardness, big tuffs of grass etc gutters and fascia's probally around £100 more if there was soffits to clean aswell
mate her back gutters had climbers all over them, thats more work for me. i dont use ladders i use poles with special gutter cleaning tools to scoop out. then after i attach a hose to my wfp and i wash them out and make sure its clean.
smurf they were the same size homes but i just quoted all the same prices roughly. there windows were really black so theres no window cleaner in that area for sure. i did manage to drop 50 fliers off today while i quoted. im in the area again tomora so will drop off some more

Its got to be your selling technique then. If she was quoted £40 and you came in at £80 i would have turned round and said im not expensive, hes cheap for a reason i would imagine. Dont slag him off, but ask her questions so "she" comes up with the answers.

Priced 3 houses today and a pub.

All the work came in at £97 and everyone said "thats expensive" Well no its not, i did the first one in the street and then showed the other two. they were fighting over who was gonna have their windows cleaned next.

Ive got soooooooo many tricks up my sleeve for first cleans now lol I can really make them sparkle /emoticons/biggrin.png

It seems so cut throat. Ive sent one of my customers on 6 commercial quotes last week. Ring back for feedback "going back to the orignal window cleaner" basically to see if they can better it. Non of my guys quote to undercut. Its usually service issues, not turning up etc etc. An industry standard would probably be quite good, so things are consistent across the board - then that helps everybody

the gutter cleaning woman wasnt there, she only uses her house on weekends, i emailed her in london coz she works there as a lawyer so she can afford a few quid. i dont talk about other cleaners to my customers. my sales tech is normally spot on, guess im going through a bad patch again hey damo lmao :lol:

i quoted another tonight, she had 2 windows up the top and one on the bottom out there front and on the rear she had 2 on top and 1 down the bottom and french doors. i said 8 weekly is 14 quid, she said how come so expensive. i said its not really expensive as i gave you a bit of discount /emoticons/wink.png. you ok to get more quotes if you like but it will prob be 15. she said ok ill get another quote. i know the other cleaners will go higher than me. but i could tell she was a messer.

the gutter cleaning woman wasnt there, she only uses her house on weekends, i emailed her in london coz she works there as a lawyer so she can afford a few quid. i dont talk about other cleaners to my customers. my sales tech is normally spot on, guess im going through a bad patch again hey damo lmao :lol:i quoted another tonight, she had 2 windows up the top and one on the bottom out there front and on the rear she had 2 on top and 1 down the bottom and french doors. i said 8 weekly is 14 quid, she said how come so expensive. i said its not really expensive as i gave you a bit of discount /emoticons/wink.png. you ok to get more quotes if you like but it will prob be 15. she said ok ill get another quote. i know the other cleaners will go higher than me. but i could tell she was a messer.
I will do my best to come down soon but with the work we have coming in, its a bit mad at the moment.

Not complaining tho! Worked hard this week, and paid off big styley wiley !!!

Just hang in there they may get back to you. Had that a few times then get a ring asking if I can come and do them. Most people will go and get three quotes for services (plumbers, builders,) and then take the quote they feel happy with or go with who they are comfortable with

ill come up and learn the knocking skills damo off ya lol
That could be a last resort, tbh not doing any at the moment. Got other things on the cards /emoticons/smile.png

oh yeh??? do tell lmao :lol:

i only want another 30 customers thats all. im not greedy, im happy with a steady wage coming in. dont care if there all ten quid jobs tbh.

cuz its 8 weeks and her homes right by the main road so gets dirty fast. means i gotta use more water and time to get them clean at 8 weeks. i tried to get her to say 4 but she originally wanted 6 weeks. i dont offer 6 weeks, only 4 or 8 and on some bigger homes 12.

mate her back gutters had climbers all over them, thats more work for me. i dont use ladders i use poles with special gutter cleaning tools to scoop out. then after i attach a hose to my wfp and i wash them out and make sure its clean.
smurf they were the same size homes but i just quoted all the same prices roughly. there windows were really black so theres no window cleaner in that area for sure. i did manage to drop 50 fliers off today while i quoted. im in the area again tomora so will drop off some more
whats these poles you use? ive got a gutter vac and also a scoop that goes on the end of a pole but to use the pole and scoop I need to be up at roof hight on the ladders

i got a phobia of heights lol i will get up a ladder but its gotta be perm solid with no movement. im like a cat holding onto the river bank as you chuck it in lol :lol:

Back