Brush type versus slug trials

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by keir, May 16, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. keir

keir Guru

Been swapping brushes recently between gardiners extreme medium mixed and mixed sill, i usually nowadays use the extreme only as i find the swivel neck works best with it, and save the sill for pvc jobs

But finding bird dack and even worse fly cr@p (little blobs of bright orange stuff) nigh on impossible to get off, so thought the sill brush has twice more bristles so therefore should be twice as easy....

Yes it does, not easier than i thought but still a bit easier. But i have also noticed that the sill brush comes nowhere near as close to removing slug trials as the extreme!! Weird. also i find the sill much harder to use on the window and frustrating on the sills with the swivel neck, where as the extreme does both amazingly well.

So now i cant use a scraper along with the AD its ecover to the rescue......hopefully

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

3. keir

keir Guru

How you finding rinsing with the flocked tuffers? Never tried one, but i was soooo close to ordering another brush this week, getting as bad as you lmao

I have two extreme's and two mixed sills and a pro clean which might as well go in the bin, it weighs as much as a brick and marks any plastic the stock comes anywhere near.

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I've read on the net that flocked brushes make the water sheet more. Not noticed it tbh. It does make a more of an abrasive sound on the glass when scrubbing though.

5. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

there is only one brush for slug trails an thats the tecbuk hibrid or the tecbuk black they will get rid of fly poo as well;)

6. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

#6 Bingo, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
    That's TWO Tench :p .....you been on the pop again ;) :laugh:

7. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

haha^^^^ rushion standerd oushhhhhhh:D:cool:

8. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Snail trails on the glass can be removed easily without really thinking about it. You might need to apply another brush stroke or 2 if your cleaning angle goes opposite the trail when cleaning.

If you can’t remove a snail tail in about 1 second with 3-4 short brush strokes over the trail – you are using the wrong type of bristle.

It would depend on the brush bristle type that decides how fast you can remove snail trails, the brush type of trim finish - duel trim of full trim has less effect.

The amount of bristles - bristle density is important for 100% coverage when cleaning otherwise you will need to apply more brush strokes if the brush has sparse bristles, sparse brushes only look like they are cleaning, they only go over what you are trying to clean they don’t actually touch what you are trying to clean, hence you will need more brush stokes.

Your only choice for faster removal of snail trails is an absorbent brush bristle - Boars bristles is best - for an artificial bristle, Nylon monofilament is best.

You can use a non absorbent brush filament, such as Polyester monofilament - you could expend more energy and use a lot more brush stokes and more water just to remove 1 snail trail when compared to using the correct type of brush.

Richard

9. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

:thumbsup:

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Or maybe just try using hot pure water instead. I found works well with any type of brush as the hot water does most of the work not the brush.

Advertisement