Buckets - pros and cons

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by boarcity, Aug 19, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#1 boarcity, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    ungerbucket.jpg the unger 18 litre, pros = light to carry ,well balanced

cons= crack happy [ if you drop it] , handle too thin ,digs in your hand, water slops out as you drive along

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#2 boarcity, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    pulex bucket.gif PULEX , pros = holds plenty , tough plastic

cons = bad balance, heavy to carry even half full , nobodys friend

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I honestly can't remember the last time I carried a bucket about for trad work :rolleyes:

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Just got my new tools delivered including unger bucket..will let you know what I think when I get home
    Standoff and clamps came too so just waiting on ladder and ankalad now

5. TolishAPurd

I just use a painters roller bucket, which is pretty much the same, excepta third of the price. My two are still going strong, but when they give up the ghost I'm after an ettore yellow 10l with lid, so if you've got any input on that boarcity I'm all ears.

I only use the buckets for van storage, and really dirty first cleans, otherwise I just use a bottle- quicker, much kinder on the back, and very efficient on the soap.

6. seye

seye Forum Addict

Scuttle buckets they are called, I have a few of them less than £4 including VAT took me a while to get used to the handle but now dont even notice. I did use Ettore blue buckets I like the hanle on them but since my supplier stopped stocking them and only stock scuttles and large window cleaning buckets I went for the scuttle . Dont know how any one can carry around those large buckets.

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

somewhere i saw a windie using a straight sided round bucket , as i drove in Colchester i saw it. im just thinking that if i had a round bucket in my van instead of a rectangle shape ,water wont spill very easily when driving along. i must try this experiment out .

8. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

always have lid on my bucket

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

do you? how many times a day do you put the lid on?

i have 2 of those unger 18lt as in the first photo . they sit inside a deep plastic box in my van to catch any spills as i drive along. i fill em up before setting off and they never leave my van

and BOY do those buckets spill! i must lose a third before i even arrive at the first job

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have a black 1 pound special normal bucket from asda that I can 3 quarters fill and put in my astra footwell with no spillage
    Just not usefull with the shape of windie tools

Advertisement