Budget for one pole - SLX 18,22 or 25 What would you choose?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Max, Feb 6, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Max

Max Member

I got the budget for one pole only to team up with gardiner back pack on trolley, but can't decide which height to opt for. I will be doing standard houses in Herts and Bucks areas. I'm thinking of adding another pole at the end of the summer so to get me started I'm looking at the SLX18 but worried this will limit what I can do, the 22 with maybe an extension or the 25. It needs to get me going for the 6 or 7 months of starting off but would also need to work in conjunction with another pole in the longer term.
    Would much appreciate your thoughts, many thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I was in your position a few months ago and opted for the SLX18 and quickly regretted my choice. It's a great pole and you'll have no problem reaching the first floor but that's all you'll reach. I found I was turning down too much work from people with three storey houses, second floor flats etc. I got two extensions (cost £144 from Gardiner) so I'm good now but wished I'd got bigger to start with. Definitely get as big as you can afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I wish you didn't Adams0211 i was liking you passing townhouses to me lol

How you getting on with the extensions?

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I can do pretty much any job with a 25..just the odd very high velux i can't reach

5. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

At least I got to pass them onto you rather than just telling them I couldn't do it.

I'm getting on fine with them. The pole didn't feel right for the first day or so what with the added weight and the little bit extra length but I soon got used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Easy enough to take them off when not needed though and do 99% of your work with the 18

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Buy the 25FT mate. You can then target more work than you can with an 18ft

8. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I had the 25 and was the only pole I used it was perfect for pretty much all my domestic jobs.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

9. TWC

TWC Active Member

I had a similar dilemma when buying mine. Decided on the SLX22 with one extension rather than the 25. Reason being the 25 is over 20 cm longer than the 22 and when you consider about 40% of the time you'll be using it on the ground floor it just makes life easier round the various obstacles you come across in gardens. It's lighter to boot and I rarely use the extension but it's there when needed. The 18 would be too short

10. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

Slx 25 good for getting to Windows above big connys, best all rounder pole, does 99% of my work, got an extension for 1%. I've had mine 2 years n only got extension a few months ago for 2 jobs.

Advertisement