Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Eliminating collections

Chris33

As above guys,

As my rounds grown I'm out far too much collecting at night.

I do offer PayPal or bacs,and some use this method to pay but there's still far too much collecting.

How did you all end collections?any specific advice appreciated.

I was thinking of putting letters out to all,stating that bacs or PayPal are preferred (and to pay within 5 days).

Or the alternative on the letter was to requeat they send me their numbers and I'll group text the area the day before clean is due (so they can leave cash in a safe place). I'd state this obviously involves an element of trust and if there is any lost money it would have to be PayPal or bacs from then on.

I never collected from day one.

This meant when canvassing/leafletting/fb etc it was a much slower process as quite a few insisted on collecting, it has meant ive had to dump or turn work down as i go. But to me its the only way, seems ridiculous to go to work come home then go out in the dark trying to get paid.

I think it does make it harder in a way, for example when customers dont pay its a case of sending numerous reminder texts, every so often i have to get rid of one that just wont pay up but instead of going round for the cash i just dump them as i refuse to collect.

You might struggle to swap them all over, some might refuse...i suppose you have to decide if thats the way your going then its sign up or get rid, you might find you have to canvass more work to replace those that wont change

Cheers Adam,ill start converting it all start of new cycle or at least start getting contact numbers in order and aim to get rid of this collecting

Cheers Adam,ill start converting it all start of new cycle or at least start getting contact numbers in order and aim to get rid of this collecting
After Christmas I'm going for gocardless or bacs only after 1st clean.

I'm using the new PayPal me link it's a doddle, customer clicks the link and they can make payment via PayPal, similar to the email but a lot slicker

I have every single customers contact number

99% of my customers pay online or cash while i am there so i need them to remind them sometimes

Back