Budget tyres vs continental brand

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by sdrah, Jul 9, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sdrah

sdrah Guest

hi - have to change the front tyres and I was wondering if continental brand worth the extra cash vs a budget one ? for my transit I was quoted £235 for a pair of continental and £90 for a pair of budget tyres

continental is a popular brand however cost a lot more .. what shall i get ?! cheers

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Depends what sort of mileage you do a year I suppose but budget tyres just do me just fine.

3. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

The main benefit of brand tyres are significantly improved braking & cornering grip eg Continental tyre can stop you by a couple of car lengths over a budget tyre particularly in wet weather. Basically comes down more assured peace of mind versus extra pounds in pocket.

4. norm

norm Grand Master

yeah in the wet budget tyres are pretty cr-p all round and branded tyres far better
    if you dont travel far/fast i would go budget
    if ya lewis hamilton type branded probably best

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If they were that bad they would ban budget tyres surely?
    Sound like product sales brain washing to me :rolleyes:

6. PureClearYork

PureClearYork Member

Have used budget tyres on my Transit at £90 a pair. Absolutely no problems in any weather and the wear on them is fine. All comes down to how you drive, especially if laden with a full tank of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. cheapncheerful

i always go budget and had no problems...now ...i sticking to ...nexen ...cause they dont seem to go down much and i hate pumping up tyres...hey no way i pay 50p to pump em up at the garage...on safety grounds the garages should provide free air...the robin b..oops..nearly...:rofl:

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

iv found that formula one autocentres do the best tyre deals, by a good 20 quid compared to most others .

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I will check them out next time...nice one :thumbsup:

10. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

They're not bad but like virtually every other product you can buy there's a superior version for more money eg waterfed poles!!

Advertisement