Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Xmas comes early for greener.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I got the SLX18 & SLX25 and I'm a little bit excited LOL.
I had an SLX-22 delivered today. It had £20 knocked off because there was a slight scratch on it :thumbsup:. I will be selling the old one soon I think.

Excellent pole- although I'm not sure why you've bought an 18ft one? I use a 25ft slx all day for 99% of all my work./emoticons/smile.png
I'd have gone for a 22 and 35. Each to their own though :thumbsup:

Aye. I have a 25 slx with one extension & a 47 Xtreme with one extension. I have a permanent swivel (the new long neck one) on my slx & use various rigid necks for high work with the Xtreme.

On the subject of poles has anyone got a second hand one for sale?
Possibly :thumbsup: SLX-22. Bottom section creaks when fully extended. No sign of a crack, possibly just wear @Alex Gardiner?

EDIT: not sure if it's section 4 or 5 creaking, but defo when those two are fully extended.

So does it all work ok?message me how much mate
Section 1 has wear about an inch from the top and causes it to spin. I clamp it an inch down to stop the spin. I took the stop tape off as I found it kept chewing up and clogging the pole up, no big deal with having no stop tape as there are red markers on the carbon telling you not to extend any further anyway. Apart from that, it works :thumbsup:

Section 1 has wear about an inch from the top and causes it to spin. I clamp it an inch down to stop the spin. I took the stop tape off as I found it kept chewing up and clogging the pole up, no big deal with having no stop tape as there are red markers on the carbon telling you not to extend any further anyway. Apart from that, it works :thumbsup:
Whilst the red markers do allow you to know when to stop extending the indicator tape also serves a very important role and should generally be left on if possible. The tape around the joint stop point and the base of the section helps prevent carbon on carbon wear on the inside of the pole. This will help extend the life of the pole.

The creaking noise may be because this tape is missing. It would be worth re-applying this tape (just 1 and 1/4 wraps at the stop point and around the very base) and see if the noise stops.

/emoticons/smile.png

Yea, I did think about this option, but to be honest budget aside (would cost me an extra £186ish for the SLX22 & SLX35) the SLX18 will be my work horse and the SLX25 will be for the occasional three storey that I do, the pole I use now for the three storey houses is around 4 foot smaller than the SLX25 fully extended and I manage with comfortably most of the time :hehehe: also I was thinking if anything was to happen to my SLX18 then the SLX25 will still be more than manageable for the smaller properties:thumbsup:

Back