Builders Cleans (Windows & General Indoor Cleaning)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Neil, Jun 12, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Neil

Neil Grand Master

How much would you charge? I've just had a meeting with a property developer (loaded to the max) who wants me to do cleans on his property's , he has 3 brand new town houses all next door to each other and wants a quote for the cleaning after builders and windows in and out . Had such a wicked day today I'm well happy with the way things are going with my business ! :)

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

x3 your normal price

3. Masons

Masons Guru

^ Agreed.

4. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Nice one Neil,the company I use to work for use to chuck a bit extra on to allow for snagging.Ive an old house that's been renovated to do Friday,I've billed it x4 the amount as not sure hoe long it's going to take.Allow time for messy windows,tricky floors Etc.Sell your self well which I'm Sure you do and you'll be fine.have a real good look and mark up how long each room and window will take and work out the time all together and then on each house chuck another couple of hours for touching up.
    A lot of people go in to cheap,rush through it and then they don't have you back.
    Glad its going well,is for me as well.
    Could push and stick another van on road but can't be hassled.want to enjoy life.

5. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Nice one Neil,the company I use to work for use to chuck a bit extra on to allow for snagging.Ive an old house that's been renovated to do Friday,I've billed it x4 the amount as not sure hoe long it's going to take.Allow time for messy windows,tricky floors Etc.Sell your self well which I'm Sure you do and you'll be fine.have a real good look and mark up how long each room and window will take and work out the time all together and then on each house chuck another couple of hours for touching up.
    A lot of people go in to cheap,rush through it and then they don't have you back.
    Glad its going well,is for me as well.
    Could push and stick another van on road but can't be hassled.want to enjoy life.
    cheers ady, good to see your doing well too. Same with me mate about having another van on road but I am going to keep going until I really can't take anymore then get someone else in. It's crazy I've only been running since August last year and the amount of work that has come through is unreal , I have another meeting on Friday with someone else which is for an old historic building that want there windows done in and out every month too. I think I have a price in my head that I'm going to give him , I'm already half way through a deep clean on one of his 4 bed bungalows that he owns back there tomorrow at 6:30 to get it done by the end of the day , here's a pic of behind the oven this is how bad it is lol ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371062750.338920.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371062765.555029.jpg

6. Neil

Neil Grand Master

And if you look in the corner of the pic there is a black pile of droppings which are rats!!!!
    Here's after pic
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371062871.526504.jpg

7. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Nasty mate,If you've been going since last august then well done mate.
    I've been in the cleaning game all my life and picked up a lot during the way.
    I've also seen what it can do to you if get massive and lots of vans on road.two ways a lovely life with all the money or you end up a complete wreck as it takes over your life.
    My old boss sold his firm for a million and started it from scratch but all those hours worrying about his firm means hr is a wreck now and can't enjoy his retirement.
    Make s good living from it,enjoy what you do but don't let it take over your life.

8. Neil

Neil Grand Master

I know what you mean mate it would take over your life but I Suppose you have to be careful you don't over do it. I had a canvasser out last week he's got me some more window cleaning work which I should not have done but couldn't help it lol

9. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Nice fella just make sure you don't bungle and do your self in.The general cleaning game can be rewarding but stressful.

10. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Bungle lolol

Advertisement