Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory cleaning with WFP and softwash machine.

That’s just totally awesome Darren. Is the UBIK ok to use on glass roofs & also self cleaning glass roofs at the same ratio 20-1? Or is it a chemical that poses a risk to glass? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Ubix is fine on all surfaces but like all chemical cleaners do not allow it to dry out.  Whilst I do the whole side of a conservatory at once with my system it is because of the machine I can do it without it drying out too quick. 

Brill, now that ive seen it in the flesh im going to try it. Also the screwfix degreaser. I try to avoid doing these jobs on hot days anyway for that very reason. I cant stand streaking and things drying out too fast. Luckily we have a grass mowing round that’s great to do when its too hot for window cleaning [emoji16]

Brill, now that ive seen it in the flesh im going to try it. Also the screwfix degreaser. I try to avoid doing these jobs on hot days anyway for that very reason. I cant stand streaking and things drying out too fast. Luckily we have a grass mowing round that’s great to do when its too hot for window cleaning
emoji16.png

The reason it dries and streaks is you're trying to do too much to fast then having to go back over it again to get rid if streaks etc.  The rules are 'slow and steady'  In most conditions you shouldn't be working on more than 1 - 2 panels a time.  This way they stay wet and you dont get streaks. 

The reason it dries and streaks is you're trying to do too much to fast then having to go back over it again to get rid if streaks etc.  The rules are 'slow and steady'  In most conditions you shouldn't be working on more than 1 - 2 panels a time.  This way they stay wet and you dont get streaks. 
Indeed, but when it’s 30 degrees like it was in June try it then, when the suns been on the glass and it’s literally roasting! I used so much water and was there twice as long lol it just evaporated. Granted this isn’t very often.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ubix is fine on all surfaces but like all chemical cleaners do not allow it to dry out.  Whilst I do the whole side of a conservatory at once with my system it is because of the machine I can do it without it drying out too quick. 
What happens if it dries out? I been looking at ordering this stuff off ebay to give it a go.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock