Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sick Of Doing First Cleans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

am wfp and yeah ive done over 40 first cleans this month /emoticons/smile.png

im picking up work like theirs no tomorrow to be honest with ya

im 236 customers now 2/3 weeks ago i was on 188 customers so that says it all really

and people got to understand that price does not matter aslong as YOUR happy with it /emoticons/smile.png

am down north and earning average 20 quid per hour on windows is decent to be honest

Your pricing is fair H, don't let anyone tell you any different, 3 quid an average box house is cheap, 5, 6 or 7 quid for the same house is fair, anything above that is pricey in my opinion. Add two of three quid if you're down London though.

H your picking up the graft fast that,s a lot in a few weeks nice one

i,ve got a mate £25 to £30 tops if the work is right

imagine how much graft you will have this time next year

i done 2 first cleans yesterday.

i have 2 ways of doing it.

1, first clean dont do the frames. just the glass and sills. then if custome cancels u havent spent ages doing it. if they want u to keep coming then do all the frames second or thurd clean......

2, do all the frames and tell customer glass may get odd drip as first clean is more about cleaning muck from frames and seals and after u gone may get odd drip but next time the will be all spotless......

i tell customers this and there fine and means your not spending ages per job as no customes wants to pay double for first clean.....

You've got to love first cleans H, you can actually see the difference between when you start and when you finish. It's not so obvious on regular cleans.

The main reason to love them though us that every first clean should then become a regular clean and your business is growing. Each £10 first clean is £130 a year more in your pocket; ten of them is £1300, 40 is £5200 or £100 a week extra.

Put that aside each week and in 3 months you can have Whizz Bizz come along and get you an extra £500 a month. You'll soon be taking on another van!!

I spend about 2-3 times longer doing first clean than regular maintenance cleans. Sure they can be a pain, especially if you have a lot of them in one week, but I assume you are like me and the majority become regular customers. I just accept it as a cost of getting the customer. Though, when the customer sees how good the windows look after I have cleaned then, I often get personal recommendations from my first time cleans, so it makes me feel better about doing them. The customer is happy, and I get another new custy from their recommendation as I did such a good job. Also, I have often found that the neighbours watch, and when they see how long I am spending, how much work I am doing, I also get neighbours approaching me while I am doing them quite often too.

So, they my be a pain, but for me anyway, they pay off by way of customer satisfaction and extra new customers.

i just canvassed/leafletted 1 area and booked them in for 2 weeks time

done all cleans and 1 person cancelled me he goes to me my mate has the rods and am just gonna use them next time.. he just wanted a one off really lol

but ive also got 3,4 customers pulling me over when i been cleaning in that area /emoticons/smile.png so not to bad to be honest

also got like 2,3 more jobs to price up in the same area /emoticons/smile.png

ill have another 10-15 first cleans to do next month when am in the area again lol

Back