Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

500 litre tank fitted

johnny bravo

one tip, put plenty of ptf tape around tap fittings, i thought i did, all fitted, water filling up, tiny drip from tap, luckilly tap in 2 fittings, turn tap off and add more ptf tape, tighten up, all ok now. it would be a different matter if it happened at the main screw thread bit. id have had to empty tank again.

plenty of ptf tape. **** when it starts to tear and mess up when putting it onto thread.

one tip, put plenty of ptf tape around tap fittings, i thought i did, all fitted, water filling up, tiny drip from tap, luckilly tap in 2 fittings, turn tap off and add more ptf tape, tighten up, all ok now. it would be a different matter if it happened at the main screw thread bit. id have had to empty tank again.plenty of ptf tape. **** when it starts to tear and mess up when putting it onto thread.
It's a good idea to have a blanking plug just incase Blanking Plug - Water Tank Outlet Fittings - Water Storage - Pure Water Systems - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems. I used a big piece of blu tack to blank my tank when I had a leak once.

one tip, put plenty of ptf tape around tap fittings, i thought i did, all fitted, water filling up, tiny drip from tap, luckilly tap in 2 fittings, turn tap off and add more ptf tape, tighten up, all ok now. it would be a different matter if it happened at the main screw thread bit. id have had to empty tank again.plenty of ptf tape. **** when it starts to tear and mess up when putting it onto thread.
We fill the tank with ordinary tap water to check for leaks. Drain down and then fill with pure. Any remaining tap water in the tank may contaminate the pure but its still good enough to clean with and will soon 'clean up' after a couple of refills.

With a tap tds of 120 a full 500 liter tank of pure still shows at 0 tds on the tds meter.

Back