Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

16 New jobs in one day

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Damo

Yesterday saw 16 new jobs come in.

It's been hard work asking all the people i quote/looking to quote but i have finally worked out where all this work is coming from.

It makes perfect sense but its organic growth in new areas.

Where i was taking on any odd job here and there its starting to pay off and make "rounds" in new areas.

One round in one area has now trebled in 3 months.

That's why I refuse no work as time goes on iv found iv had houses piece in between these houses a bit out of the way

I envy you being able to do this full time...I can see the potential in turning my little enterprise into a monster but I'm too much of a coward to quit a secure, full time job even though I know the financial boost I would receive if I did windows full time...I've got to the point where I shouldn't really be taking on any more windows or I will never have a single day off.

16 new jobs in a day, ive probably only had had 16 new jobs from walk ups/referal or website since i started. 95% of my customers ive had to work/pay for, leafletting, canvassing or facebook.

I envy you being able to do this full time...I can see the potential in turning my little enterprise into a monster but I'm too much of a coward to quit a secure, full time job even though I know the financial boost I would receive if I did windows full time...I've got to the point where I shouldn't really be taking on any more windows or I will never have a single day off.
You need the FEAR mate. Quit your job then build an empire. Unless you live near me. Then don't quit at all /emoticons/biggrin.png

It's a wonder he gets anything done

When I work with him his phone goes off constantly

When I went full time we only had enough money to see us through for 6 weeks. I had no choice about making it work. Go for it.

When I went full time we only had enough money to see us through for 6 weeks. I had no choice about making it work. Go for it.
No can do...I keep suggesting that my main employer lets me have days off unpaid when I'm not required but they won't play ball...I've got too many years in the pension scheme for me to be able to jack it in...I gave a work colleague a few months work, it was an eye opener for him to see how my rounds have taken off, I spent as much time talking to walk ups than I did cleaning...there is definitely a shortage of window cleaners in the more affluent areas of the Southeast...I guess this could change at any time though.

Why can't you jack it in due to pension?

Surely pension gets frozen and waits until you retire

You'll have a better earner from the windows and can squirrel some away in a savings account to boost your pension when you retire

Why can't you jack it in due to pension?Surely pension gets frozen and waits until you retire

You'll have a better earner from the windows and can squirrel some away in a savings account to boost your pension when you retire
You're probably right...could be the fear factor holding me back.

Back