Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to window cleaning.....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Monkey

Guys - I just want to kick off this thread by saying thankyou - in advance of any support and advice offered - but also for the many years of helpful posts that I have had the benefit of being able to read!

Believe it or not I have followed this forum for ages (from the safety of the sidelines), enjoying reading the banter and business advice, which has often been selflessly provided by many of you.

I have witnessed many newbies come and go, and some like Diwrnach (back when he started posting) progress himself toward to what appears to be a very healthy business for him.

Regardless of all the back info available at my finger tips on all the threads..... even after all this time of reading.... I still find myself confused regarding WFP setups - what with all the choice available for different bits of equipment.

I am now facing an imminent change in my working circumstances - and as such am on the brink of finally flinging myself into the humble trade of window cleaning.

With the comments of Cheap N Chearful ringing in my mind " Window Cleaning is like Monopoly".... I feel excited about the prospect of finally talking charge of my life, and building a business that I can rely on.

Ive got tons of questions I would like to ask....

But to wrap this (lengthy!) introduction post up - my first question is this:

If you could have your time over, and with 7.5k at you disposal.... exactly what would you be buying (WFP wise) to get you started??

I want to allocated my money as best I can - and am open minded about everything.

What pole and why?

What size tank and why?

Should I be offering Connies and FSG's from the outset??

Conny ladders?

Im giving myself 6 months to replace an 18k per annum income..... is this realistic??

Cheers in advance fella's!

Back