Business Development Online

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by go2guy, Jul 17, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. go2guy

go2guy Guest

Hello,

I have alot of question if too many can start up different threads

some questions as to how to drum up business online.

Anyone tried those deals websites and actually made a profit. In Ireland (where i do business) they want 50% plus vat, i tried one and found it hard to make any money after their commission.
    Any advice or is it a matter of forgetting about these sites. Only benefit as I can see is that its create awareness and not money in the bank account.

I launched my own website http://www.go2guy.ie back in May and want to know how other have done business development online. I want the website to start making leads etc...
    Haven;'t tried google adwords. If seems pricey per click, anyone getting good roi from their campaign and again any tips. I dont want to spend a few hundred and not get any business.

My website is done on wordpress and was thinking of adding an ecommerce plugin anyone recommend a wordpress ecommerce plugin.

In know it's important to get a search engine position and I am in 9th position for my main keyword. I've added maybe over 50 links online since may by when I go into google webmaster tools that only say I have 7 links. Any SEO success stories by anyone and advice. I know I should research this more but quite busy any advice is appreciated.

I have plenty more questions but really just want to get a feel is it work investing alot of time to make the online thing work.

Thanks

Jon.

Advertisement
  2. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Hey Jon, you got some good prices!! I think I'd be better moving down to cork!!

3. harunh

harunh Legend

Your website is very cool.... it just looks appealing.. one oif the best wc sites ive seen so far !

I like the way u done a latyest deal so and so :p

4. go2guy

go2guy Guest

Thanks Belfast cleaning. It's pretty competitive in Cork so have to have good deals etc.. It mostly the residential market we deal with. Try to sell packages rather than once off to clients. The Superhero branding seems to be working offline to get business from the housewives and girls!

Thanks Harunh. You can pretty much do anything with wordpress nowadays. If you have the time and patience its the way to do. Easy to update and maintain also.

I really want my website to make money for me. So far since may I have had only 1 email enquiry. I know this is due to my ranking in search. I am in 8th postion on google.ie for window cleaners cork now. Going to try every month and aim is in 4-6 months to try to get top.

How's things going in Belfast and North London? The weather is June was an pain in the ass here with flooding!

5. mr shine

mr shine Guru

hi go to im also in cork city i have to agree with belfast your getting big prices fair play . i like your website i think you will find it very hard to get ranked in google unless your prepared to pay .

6. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Things up in Belfast have been on and off, I give up on weather forecasters tho as they are never right! Next week is ment to be good, heard them talking on radio1 about it!

Thing with selling annual services is you only get paid once, I'd be the type to blow it all then have to work the rest of the year free lol.

Would you have much of a compact round? Do you get out knocking doors or flyers? I just got a new site and will be getting some offers up shortly so I can get 5k flyers and put my web address on and say check online for special offers to try bring attention to the site..

7. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

It's a bit off topic, but you'd charge me 40 euros to clean my 3 bed end terrace house?

8. mark m

mark m Hero

also you pricing seems a bit strange 1 euro for inside windows, 2 euros for outside windows surely you got that the wrong way

9. Paul

Paul Guest

Wow them prices are unreal I would get laughted or punched if I tried to charge that

10. harunh

harunh Legend

Paul if i had them prices with 100 customers my life would be very easy :p LOL

Advertisement