Business expansion issues

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by monkeyman, Sep 12, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. monkeyman

monkeyman Well-Known Member

So I'm just about at full capacity for my working day, but there's still a couple of hours I could work.
    I live in a rented terrace house, if I'm not home 3 ish I have parking issue's, as the street fills up my neighbours are good at leaving space but no one else gives a sh!€, my water flow is ridiculously bad, it takes 6/7 hours to fill a 350 litre tank. Had some good advice and opinions from Grippa tank, but the parking is the biggest problem.
    So I'm trying to find somewhere I could Park a bigger van and have it filled, parking spaces/drives are easy enough to come by but people don't want there water used even when I'v offered to pay there full water bill. (Anglian water meterd charge is £1.5138 per 1000 litres.) commercial lettings are silly money + rates etc. We're not in a position to move or buy at the moment. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

Whats your tds? Could alway look into triple di to speed up filling

3. monkeyman

It's pretty high, 345/350

4. meridion

meridion Well-Known Member

Booster pump?

5. monkeyman

Waterfloo is to low to use a booster most of the time.knackered one, it's Ok after about 10 o'clock a night.

6. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

Ouch, what r/o you using, im di only but others on here may be able to help with speeding up filling with insight into your setup. Do any family live near you? My bro in law lives in a mid terrace and fills up at his mums or nans, and pays them for what he uses. He has been known to leave it on there drive and commute to his van in the past.

7. meridion

meridion Well-Known Member

Small holding tank? So water can be collecting through the day while you're out and then transfer pump to van quick time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. monkeyman

Ro is 4040 Hf 5. My brother in law lives close by but no drive. The rest of the family are miles away.

9. monkeyman

Looked into that but I still need to be back for the parking.

10. monkeyman

I keep 400 litres in barrels + a couple of 25 l drums, for the odd day I'm not back in time to park.

Advertisement