Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Citroen Dispatch 1.9D 2004 - Is This A Good Van?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have one fitted with a 400ltr Pure Freedom RO system.

Size wise it's great I can fit loads of gear in and I can also fit my 36ft Brodex pole in when I need it.

Mine doesn't have a turbo so it's slow but I'm happy with it.

ive been looking at citeron relays need something bigger me sen like.

ive seen a few windys using dispatch but heard they struggle without the turbo and thats with a 250l tank in there

my mate whose a painter and decorator has one, its a 04 an aw, he loves it , ive worked on it for him and only thing is what the other lads say its a bit underpowered when carrying any weight , id say with a full 500l tank it would struggle a bit , dunno if they make mdoels wi a turbo but if they do get that one, good roomy van though and not far off the space off a vivaro /transit swb van

Guys, if your not fussed with power than there great, like I said I had the fiat scudo 1.9 but no turbo, just so sluggish. It puts a bit more strain on the engine trying to carry that type of weight. Try get one with a turbo, better specially when your coming up to a hill.

Mind you I did have my 650 tank in it. :wacko:

Great vans, but make sure you get one with a turbo dispatch,, scudo, andthe expert are all the same tbh so parts and maintainance not an issue

Most important thing is the vehicle weight limit - if you hit someone or something and the van is overweight all your insurance and etc is invalid and you could be looking at a stretch behind bars if you kill someone or something. Unlikely but important. if you've got 500 litres that's 500kg, plus 2 people perhaps and the rest of your gear.. pressure washer? trolley system with water, generator, etc etc.. it adds up

Most important thing is the vehicle weight limit - if you hit someone or something and the van is overweight all your insurance and etc is invalid and you could be looking at a stretch behind bars if you kill someone or something. Unlikely but important. if you've got 500 litres that's 500kg' date=' plus 2 people perhaps and the rest of your gear.. pressure washer? trolley system with water, generator, etc etc.. it adds up[/quote']
thats why u got to buy a van with a good paylaod to suit you /emoticons/smile.png

my van payload suits me /emoticons/smile.png if i ever expand my business which i probably will do in 1,2 years when i get bigger and bigger... ill haveto get a bigger van cos ill probs use more water cos in 2 years time ill probs have a 2 man setup

Back