Buying a round

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Ryan, Mar 23, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

well 1 aint come up but i was wondering who bought a round from scratch and did any customers drop you as u took it over or anything ?

how did you find taking it over

also value of a round is it 4x times what its worth monthly or how do people work it out ?

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i ahve never bought a round, but know a few who have and on average they look at losing at 1/3

the price of a round can vary, a well established rounds very compact been going 10 + years, all pay on line, is worth a lot more than something been going 6 months and have to collect 3 times a , i have looked,at selling up because of the **** jobs, but then i got loads of great jobs pay online or on day, never give me a not this mone Swear word!th, so i just dump the ****

i am always wary of great rounds for sale, than make a fortune a month, with no collecting, but the bloke is giving it all up to go work in a warehouse on mim wage

3. James

James Guru

Different rounds are worth different amounts, kinda goes without saying lol, say If I was buying one customer who's worth £10 a month, that customer is worth around 3-4 times that amount so £30 or £40. Do this with every custy in the round your buying and that's the amount you should be looking at paying, personally I don't value my customers like that and would never buy a round of someone else.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?c5btoq

4. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

build your own round up, I was speaking to a bloke in a pub once and he payed a grand for about 250 pound a months worth of work, when i told him i spent 35 quid on 5000 leaflets and about a week dropping them off as well as door knocking and facebook and i picked up nearly 400pounds worth of work he was gutted, wish i could of took a pic of his face

5. neil_09

neil_09 Guest

I bought a round, and i got about 1/3 more customers once i took over. Most people didnt like tho old window cleaner so was bonus for me.
    And to be fair iv never lost a customer wen i bought a round. Aslong as your nice to sumone and do a good job you wont lose any

6. SteveSmee

SteveSmee Guest

I've never understood buying a round. If you don't buy it and the other cleaner packs up then you know there are suddenly a lot of people without a cleaner and its time to go canvassing...

7. This is the best advice i have read on buying rounds - thank you!

8. Masons

Masons Guru

if you want to look at typical round values, prices etc for examples go to:

http://www.windowcleaningroundforsale.co.uk/index.php

Mate of mine set the site up.
    Vehicles and equipment are for sale on their too. :([hr]
    Oh, you call also put wanted work on their.

9. super mck

super mck Active Member

were did you get the leaflets done ;)

10. James

James Guru

I've seen a few adds on there and a lot of the rounds are ridiculously over priced

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?l03c5h

Advertisement