Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning insides of skylights

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave85

Hi.just need some advice/tips on cleaning insides of high skylights. Done some today for a customer and struggled to be fair they were on a dodgy angle and all ready thilthy. How do you go about cleaning them? THANKS

I always dobber and blade but need to use some towels or scrims on floor to prevent any dirty drips on carpets or floors. Can't do much about angles

I've done twelve today in a big office, fortunately they were all very low (too low really as I am tall). I use a wagtail with a liquidator channel. As the wag has a wash pad attached it makes it easy because you squeeze out the pad to hand-dry, then spray the glass, and mop. When you blade it off it should not give off a lot of water and what there is you can catch with a cloth. You can try another way which is spray onto the wash-pad and put that straight to the glass. The ones I had today were in direct sunlight and gave me a lot of trouble.

If you can get on roof open them and spin them around do them from out side if not pure water in spray bottle and clothes

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back