Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best hose for reel?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Reach For The Glass

Hi guys just wondered what everyones preferred hosereel hose is.

I currently have exceeds blue in the poles with tubless and univalve fitted .

I have 30m of exceed blue on the reel and about 20 meteres of gardiners yellow attached to this with JG fitting.

Looking to either replace it all or extend it another 50m odd.

I use 100 metres of gardiners 8 mm I think it is or 6mm not sure off the top of my head I rotate it every 6 months as it becomes worn .

I have the blue microbore from waterworks it's really supple and light I know don't use pole hose at all I also have the hose less bits on all my poles and you can still use a ejecter sleeve.

Coming up to ten years wfp and tried virtually every hose known to mankind.

In my opinion 6mm microbore is the number one for reel hose /emoticons/smile.png

Ive had no problems with exceed blue either. Just the price. So if Alex gardiners is the same then ill go with it.
I recently use the green pu for my backpack.

I'm not sure if it's were the blue has been on reel or not, but the blue doesn't coil up.

The green is like a pigs tail and drives me up the wall.

May be different on a reel not sure.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

It will technically work - however I cannot recommend it for the following two reasons:

1. It does not lay flat that well, which could cause a trip hazard.

2. It is not reinforced so will not last as long under pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had 100mtr of Exceed blue hose on now as my only hose for 14 months now without any problems.

It's lighter and far more manageable, hose reel hose is just so 1990's!

Back