Buying ladder feet

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by boarcity, Feb 14, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

one foot broke on one of my LYTE ladders . the various window cleaners supply stores online sell those lethal rubber replacement feet - No good in my opinion

however i was able to buy the original correct plastic type yellowfeet.jpg.jpg type at www.brownsladders.co.uk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You can swap the ones on the top of each section with the bottom worn/broken ones you know too.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It's always best practice to inspect the ladder before you go to use it. By law if you have workers using ladders you are supposed to have a tag on them and a log of all the inspection date too.

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

id not do that ,its false economy. are u a foot swapper Smurf?

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

No as I check my ladders daily and replace them when needed but thought I would mention it to get someone out of a jam if need be whilst out working instead of taking the ladder out of service. ;)

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

any of you lads want to buy ladder inspection tag stickers iv got em going cheaply 1,50 a sticker , big stash here . good glue,no craap

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

That wonderful phrase 'BY LAW'

Sneaky bas**rd phrase, just when you sit down to digest Sundays lunch it leaps out an says BOO!!

Can you please hook me up with any link that says LEGALLY REQUIRED TO HAVE A STICKER / TAG OF INSPECTION please smurf.

Here is the HSE link that says it is 'good practice' but no where do I see 'LEGALLY REQUIRED BY LAW' (At least under mainland England Law)
    http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg455.pdf

These are the guidelines not the law.

It is up to the individual using the ladder to inspect it and check if it's fit for purpose.

Tagging them and inspecting them yourself periodically Smurf is just sound practice to protect yourself against claims for lack of due diligence should one of your chaps be unlucky enough to fall.

Sorry to rant about it, and I am a massive fan of working safely (my staff are under orders not to do a job if they are not 100% comfortable) I'm just sick and tired of the phrase 'BY LAW'

I never realized there were so many lawyers moonlighting as window cleaners to subsidize their paltry lawyers pay packets.

:p

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Just to clarify if you read this pdf you will see the follwing below
    http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg401.pdf

"Any equipment exposed to conditions that may cause it to deteriorate, and result in a dangerous situation, should be inspected at suitable intervals appropriate to the environment and use. Do an inspection every time something happens that may affect the safety or stability of the equipment, eg adverse weather, accidental damage.
    You are required to keep a record of any inspection for types of work equipment including: guard rails, toe-boards, barriers or similar collective means of protection; working platforms (any platform used as a place of work or as a means of getting to and from work, eg a gangway) that are fixed (eg a scaffold around a building) or mobile (eg a mobile elevated working platform (MEWP) or scaffold tower); or a ladder "

It's the LAW don't you know but obviously you don't and if you are an employer you should :p

Advertisement