Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water price options?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Carts69

Hi, I’ve just noticed a static pure water supplier 5 minutes from my home, one of those where you simply pull up & fill up & pay with your card!

From what I gather the price of this is 3.6p per litre, what I would like to know is.. will this work out cheaper than filling up from home, I’m not bothered about time it takes to fill the tank, just the cost, I’m also on a water meter at home.

Any advice on what’s likely to be the cheapest way please?

Whatever the water board charge will not be as much as that as they will charge per thousand litres maybe 6 quid or a tenner etc.. not a very bad cost

3.6p a litre works out to 90p for a 25l drum.. 100l would be £3.60 and 1000l £36

It depends what suits you as it is easy to just pull up and fill and not worry about ro etc at home or you could at least sign up and have it as an emergency option in case of equipment breakdown or a big job using all your reserve water etc

Thanks Dave, very interesting to know! As long as home water supply will be cheaper..ill stick with that, I have an ro already in place, but at the end of the day it’s all about the cost, great idea though regarding having the water station for backup.

That is spotless water isn't it?

You get 20 quid on your account if you sign up i think 

Definitely worth doing just in case

It works out at about 1.5p per litre to make my own at home so far through a 4040 ro. So is a bit cheaper, but there is a lot to be said for the convenience of being able to buy your water. I bought my water locally for a long time until they put there prices up to 6p per litre which made it unaffordable. If I had a spotless water station on my doorstep I would be very tempted to go back to buying it. It’s a lot less hassle than making your own...

If your using an out side tap ask your water board for an external use meter then you won't pay a sewage charage on the water from that tap.

It can make a huge difference depending on where you live. My outside tap only costs me £2.45 per 1000l now rather then 4 98 o was paying before the meter was fitted.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi, yes it is the spotless water I’m talking about, definitely convient but..after reading your message Lawrence..seems the way to go, thanks for all replies!

It will always be cheaper to make water yourself.

These pure water suppliers have outlays for ro's and filters just like you and I

As well as a commercial water tariff and rent on premises they have overheads and rember they aren't doing it for free they need to make a profit which they do.

Point taken Cgh, I shall supply my own & contact the water board & hopefully not have a sky high bill, thank you

Before I moved house I used to buy water from one of the guys involved with spotless.His price per litre went up to 5p and I  could see that this was becoming my single biggest cost.

I am currently on a water meter and my cost have dropped massively not to mention it is way more easier and convenient.

Back