Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Not Happy With Gardiner Delivery

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Twhite

Ordered my pole last Wednesday and haven't recived it yet, just rang them and they said it takes up to 5-10 days to leave the factory and 2-3 days delivery... I've told them I need it ASAP as my old pole is broke they said there going to put me priority and send it out Friday that means ill have it Wednesday 2weeks to send a pole.... I think is disgusting service!!! Surely if they haven't got them in stock or already to go out don't advertise that there available !! Also when a costumer spends over £350 with them they shouldn't have to wait 2 weeks for them delivery !!!! In 2 minds now to ever use them again !! Rant over ! :)

Was trying to be helpful. But it all went wrong.

4 moves and its back to WFP section /emoticons/unsure.png

I've always found the delivery very efficient, like smurf says,must be heavy demand at the mo, doesn't make you feel any better though

Just so ya know mate, twas me that edited the title and will do it for any company and only changed it slightly.

It is a bit of a long delivery time though, I thought companies weren't allowed to take payment for goods unless either in stock or stated clearly that it's back order etc.

Very high demand or not I buy loads from the Internet 90% of what I buy is off the net and I've never had to wait this long for a parcel never... There's no email.. No delivery progress, nothing I mean I can't see them shipping hundreds of poles out every day surely ? Very disappointed to be honest, as they were quick enuff to take the money from my bank !!! I may sound stupid but online services are pretty rapid reponse with delivery and so on, I can see this really getting people mad and I'm one of them :-/

[noswear]

Sorry mate I can't blame ya for being annoyed but we can't bypass those filters. I'm sure Alex will come along soon enough with a reply.

Ordered my pole last Wednesday and haven't recived it yet, just rang them and they said it takes up to 5-10 days to leave the factory and 2-3 days delivery... I've told them I need it ASAP as my old pole is broke they said there going to put me priority and send it out Friday that means ill have it Wednesday 2weeks to send a pole.... I think is disgusting service!!! Surely if they haven't got them in stock or already to go out don't advertise that there available !! Also when a costumer spends over £350 with them they shouldn't have to wait 2 weeks for them delivery !!!! In 2 minds now to ever use them again !! Rant over ! :)
Hi T White
I realise that this must be frustrating for you when you have a broken pole that needs replacing.

On our website where you ordered the pole on each of the new pole products it says the following:

5-7 working day lead time on all new pole orders

When you placed your order it will have said 5-10 working day lead time on all new pole orders.

As this was a new product release we knew that demand would be very high for these and the ability of the workshop to assemble poles would be limited for the first few weeks. Hence the original 5-10 day working lead time and the now 5-7 working day lead time.

This is a fairly standard lead time for a product that is assembled to each individual order. When the initial rush has died down then we will resume out usual 2-3 working day lead time on these pole products.

Very high demand or not I buy loads from the Internet 90% of what I buy is off the net and I've never had to wait this long for a parcel never... There's no email.. No delivery progress, nothing I mean I can't see them shipping hundreds of poles out every day surely ? Very disappointed to be honest, as they were quick enuff to take the money from my bank !!! I may sound stupid but online services are pretty rapid reponse with delivery and so on, I can see this really getting people mad and I'm one of them :-/
As explained this is an ‘assembled to order’ product for each client as there are literally thousands of possible permutations for each pole when ordered. This is not an ‘off-the-shelf- retail item.We send out hundreds of poles every week with recent totals of about 1000 poles a month being sent out. This type of demand is difficult to keep pace with which is why we have the lead time clearly on the website – as soon as the full range is introduced and the initial surge in demand has died down then we will revert to normal schedules.

If you need a replacement pole sooner then we can always cancel your order and you could look at sourcing a suitable pole elsewhere. Please ring the office on 01726 66400 if this would be preferable.

Never had a problem with gardiners in fact they have great customer service. Its not there problem you have a broken pole, you already been told there is a waiting time on the poles. Perhaps you should think about getting a spare pole for such problems.

You ordered last wednesdays it clearly says 5-7 day lead time on the poles so cant see why you feel you should rant about it.

To be honest, I have never had a problem with any of the suppliers. The only thing I have ever had a problem with is couriers

I'm not slating about the manufactor "Gardiner" that's why I have gone with them as they are ment to be the best on the market and in my eyes looks the best by far I'm just disappointed on the delivery time... Maybe abit OTT as I have a broken pole ATM but I've never had to wait this long for any delivery put there's always a first I suppose will let you no a full report of the pole when it arrives and I'm looking forward to using it :)

Cheers for the help but a local windy has lent me his spare now till it comes :) .... Well ye this is why it's got to me as some people had them next day delivery ! :-/

Back