Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Schools?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

joebromley

Hi chaps.

My mate has won a contract with a school; once annually, 4 days work for a grand. he only got offered a shot at quoting because he was on his way out of his house and getting into his van when asked for a business card by a lady passer-by who worked for that school.

Im wondering how on earth you get a shot at "canvassing" an establishment like that in genral?

Schools are one of the easiest to get your foot in the door, since January I think Ive sent the lads into at least 10 schools. Some are Local authority, but also some of the budget is held locally, your best doing a search for Independent schools. The only trouble with them as the OP said, they are normally yearly, quarterly or every six months. When you ring ask if there is a site maintenance person if not it will be the Bursar. They are not as difficult as you think, yes 1000 is a normal price for a school if its a one off, if not quite often more. Hope that helps.

I do my local school. 2 times a year inside & out. I got recommended by a friend & 2 of us go in and do it. Get paid within a week. I think it was up to the caretaker to find someone. That's what happened to me and now I just deal with the caretaker.

ive done schools i just walk in and leave a card they ring big money in days,council pays the bill as there on a budget,speak to caretaker ect.i pulled £500 in two days easy coin:)

Ive been ringing Local Authority last week, came across an area where the same cleaning company does all the schools. Unfortunately had just missed the tender by about 2 weeks.

Is that all the schools Paul?

clearview is the kendal company, his misses works/worked for the council & he has loads of good contracts but there are only 3 of us in town who have the equipment to challenge him for any of em

its a shame cos there are a lot of residential schools for 'bad kids' up here

I know the last company I worked for had all the new Richard rose schools in Carlisle through Grahame FM, and there another company here who have the council run jobs he must have good contacts as he's had the years and nobody else can get in at them, he's from cockermouth

a cockermouth firm has some national contracts in town, post office & greggs that i know of & he contracts them out to a local lad, he must be a big firm

Hi Paul, in Cumbria the following

14, 522 businesses (with telephone)

7651 with fax number

1994 with email.

I can find out exactly how many schools etc and will get facilities management companies counts aswell, but will have to wait until tomorrow.

Kind regards

Sorry guys, humble fresh starting traditional here... Are you guys saying that you need to get in with national facilities companies because they sub out cleaning contracts? Cheers.

I shall change this, I would say yes most sub out, out Joe, These FM companies have a preferred supplier list, but its not imperative by any means to get in with national facilities, but if you can that's great. I would probably tend to spend my energy on getting local contracts, where the decision is made locally and quickly. But no harm of course trying to get in with Facility Management companies, but not easy. I think I rang about 40 the other day, and got one reply - which was amazing in itself. Otherwise they all had an email - as an introduction. The thing is every body wants the top jobs with housing associations, council and FM companies, so lot of people going for that - as I said time is spent much better going for local stuff.

Back