Call Answering Service

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Catherine, Jun 19, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Hi guys,

Im just after some general opinions on this.

Im an outbound caller, so most of my days are on the phone ringing people, however I have a colleague that answers inbound calls, but she comes from a sales background and has a company similar to mine, so MOST of her days are spent dialling out.

Now I know from doing this for a while that when I ring the guys that I work for, and I understand this they cant get to the phone, because they are working, but I leave a message and get a call back.

How do you think from a customer point of view and new enquiries, that if somebody were able to answer the call and give a rough guide of prices - without the mobile going to voicemail. Im just asking on behalf of a friend.

I dont know your own personal feelings when you ring about services etc and you have to leave a message......? If somebody were to be able to answer a few basic questions rather than leave a VM - do you think that would make a difference to the business?

Any thoughts welcome

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

It sounds a good idea to me but cost is the main factor ie i might get one missed phone call every 2 days regarding work which i might miss and have to ring back but i have 2 teenage kids and a wife who ring me all the time and i often miss them so that would cost me

3. Catherine

Catherine Guest

By what my colleague was saying, around ?15 a month - im just trying to guage an interest for her - im sure there must be a way to filter out calls not to answer, thanks for your response Mark, I think she had an idea that so many calls would be answered and then it would go into a different tariff bracket, but with the emphasis of not JUST being an answer service but being able to provide basic prices etc - as that would be above the normal answering phone service

4. chip

chip Guru

Well to me, if I understand right, it sounds workable, similar to what large company's do when you phone nap press 1for this etc, and eventually speak to someone, albeit who usually can't speak English. Anyway I think if you can rig the idea up for your mate, it could save her having to deal with every call, namely the simple stuff and just handle the toughies, reducing stress- yes? Whether you can develop that further for your business, I wouldn't know, you might not even be thinking that, but if you are now because I've said it and make a mint I want my cut !

5. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Chip - 25%, lol. I just wondered really, because in any business you have to ask - would you use that service? My colleague is a very experienced telemarketer, so probably 95% of her calls are out going, but shes moving into a 12 seat centre place. If you guys thought it better that somebody could answer the phone if you were busy and give basic prices rather than a VM - said I would post on here, and feedback if anyone thought it would be good. Cheers Chip

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

sounds like a sectertary, it could work but so many of my calls start with 'oh is that the window cleaner, oh ' and a lot just text or email which is great as i can deal with them when i can.
    not saying your friends idea is nt a good one, i think it is but i would say most 80 % of enquiries come through email and text
    but it maybe the area i target tends to be more professional people who probably should get a pa LOL

7. Paul

Paul Guest

I hate voicemail and tend to just hang up, I think a voice at the end of the fone is 100% better personally
    I thunk voicemail can loose you business

8. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Hi Nearly Clean, it wouldnt be a secretary, it would be going through to somebody that could give you prices, rather than a message service, of course calls maybe picked up from current customers and certain queries, but Im mainly looking at the experiences that I have, ring a mobile and it goes onto answser service, because all you guys out working, thats the nature of the beast and I know that. The amount of times Ive gone through to an answering service and they just take a message, dont you think that it would be great if you cant answer the call somebody could and give valid information on your business?

9. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Yep Paul, and thats what Im getting at - voicemail drives me insane to - so youve just said it, you hang up - do you think that what customers do? So thats what I was getting at no VM

10. Paul

Paul Guest

If find with voicemail your not prepared, you have to leave contact details some people (me) havnt a clue what there own phone numbers are so just easier to hang up than sound like a stuttering clown.
    I think it would be a great idea to have a human answer machine.

Advertisement