Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trad Gear

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

JClean

Is there much difference in the quality of the main three manufacturers Unger, Ettore, Pulex??

You will find a dozen different opinions from a dozen different window cleaners.

Best advice I can give is if you live anywhere near a supplier then pop in and 'get a feel' of the equipment for yourself.

You will find a preference eventually.

Unger is good

Ettore is very good but the squeegee channels take more getting used to being a bit wider front to back

They are all ok but most people will agree pulex is:turd:

Plus everyone prefers different rubbers

I swear by facelift razr but unger soft is probably the best standard rubber

Goes well with the unger s channels

The green i made the mistake of buying once

4 of the longest strips

Only used 1 12" channels worth and it was shocking

The rest i kept just for my sill squeegee

Never used it though..somewhere in the shed

Liquidators for me, match branding and best squeegees I've used...

But best thing is to try a few different makes and see what you like, it's a personal thing... I hate Unger squeegees, but that doesn't mean they won't be any good for you... Green likes them, but he may hate the liquidators and so on... It's a personal kind of 'fit' we all have with our tools!

That's why i made a "wagulator "

Suits how i work perfectly

Took the scrubber pad off now as i find it feels heavy when using it on a liquidator channel

Agree pulex tools are pants.

The way I see it;

Unger- good quality, lightweight, and nice ergonomics.

Ettore- strong, heavy, professional quality tools

I have both, but I prefer unger now.

I also have a selection of Ettore tools mainly the Contour Pro + handles.

Jake is correct at my dislike of the gimmicky Liquidator handles, I had one of each size and I sold them to Duncs here on the forum as they simply do not suit me at all. (And they are blue) /emoticons/smile.png

That's why i made a "wagulator "Suits how i work perfectly

Took the scrubber pad off now as i find it feels heavy when using it on a liquidator channel
Yeah I made a wagulator as soon as I got a slimline flipper, did a thread on it months ago, but still don't like wagtails, prefer standard liquidator and applicator, only use wagtail for pole work...

I'm going through a Moreman Phase at the moment.

Until I tried moreman I pretty much stuck to Unger for most of the gear, S Channels and Unger soft rubbers.

Since I've switched to Moreman I use pretty much all of their gear bar the rubbers.

Moreman BOAB, Liquidator channel with their own Bi-component handle. Moreman soap sleeve too, just really liking their gear at the moment.

I prefer the Facelift Razr red rubbers for the liquidator, have one in there at the moment I have used for a solid month and it is still going strong.

As many have already said though, it is what you prefer and what you are used too.

I do tink the moerman blue applicator sleeve is the best i have

Holds a lot of water and the microfibre scrubs well

I have the Moerman T bar with Bi - component handle, love it, feels good in the hand. Haven't got the blue sleeve, got the white one, which is good but is the blue better?

Back