Call yourself a window cleaner?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Green Pro Clean Ltd, Mar 3, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I am simply a curious man, not looking to start a fist fight here but how many of you consider yourself a professional window cleaner.

I aim this at WFP users.

Here's the criteria - can you use a squeegee and applicator - I mean to a level of skill and satisfaction where when the evil midget pixie dwarf army of Windowswontgetcleanedhere land nick all your gear can you still simply grab your tool belt and fulfill your duties to your clients?

Or can you only shake a broom with a hosepipe attached? (as my old ladies call it) :p

Remember, this is nothing more than a curiosity, not intended to belittle anyone, just interested in how you consider yourself.

Dictionary explains - PROFESSIONAL as 'someone that get's paid to carry out duties' as opposed to an AMATEUR that does not get paid.

So as long as you're getting paid, you are a professional, but can you squeegee?

Advertisement
  2. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

In a word....... yes.
    I am proud to call myself a professional and can use a squeegee to a high standard. Started in 1988. Went to WFP 2011 and still use squeegees for interior work on some of my larger properties.

3. cheapncheerful

a proper windy can use anything to get clean windows...

including his hanky..

.well I cba to go back and get my boot open...:D

I hardly ever blow my bloomin nose on it...it is after all a small too small to use microfibre.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I don't class myself as a professional more like a very old pro...well fooked :D

5. RyanL

RyanL Member

Yep. Started off doing insides only on London hotels while the abseil boys did the outs. Making a mess was NOT an option! I'm mainly wfp now but I pick up a good bit of inside work simply because many can't do it.

6. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

I use both methods started trad then also used WFP
    its so convenient being able to use both there is no job we canny take on

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I pride myself on my abilities with squeegees and trad poles as i have done it since 1991
    Even the "impossible" windows that other trad guys say can't be done
    Ladder pole and swiveloc squeegees both 0° and 30° means they are not impossible
    Did one above a canopy/marquee type thing the other day by leaning my ladders against the outside of the garden wall and doing it from the side by using pole and swiveloc

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Sorry smurf..fat thumbs again
    Meant to be a funny

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

No probs as I've also found too using a tablet/phone can be a pain in the **** with those little buttons being so close:thumbsup:

Advertisement