Came across a bird trap

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Sep 26, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

a customer of mine for 6 years lived out in the country and iv cleaned for them with no problems inside and out almost every clean
    but this year they moved into the edge of town into a brand new home . him and her are good payers and my workers like them as did i .
    Until the last clean.
    Walking around the back of the new house in their manicured garden near to a boundary fence i came across an old magpie trap . i stopped in my tracks when i saw it ,lordey me ,a bird trap!

in my opinion its very cruel to trap any birds [but these traps are perfectly legal]
    i knew instantly what it was [larson trap]because yrs ago i knew a gamekeeper who had one of these set near where i lived and i used to quietly release anything caught in it [including cats],so he didnt get to kill much when i was around!
    Now i know its legal for my customer to have it,it wasnt set when i saw it ,but what would YOU do?

im thinking of dropping them off the round on moral grounds. its a fair bit of money they spend however

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Are you sure it was put there by them or left by the last owners?

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

its his . he saw me looking at it and said to me "thats a magpie trap" in a slightly evil tone . i wasnt sure how to react so i acted as if nonplussed and carried on walking so as not to alarm him.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It's probably set so he can dispatch cats crapping in his garden :D

5. Bring a country boy............see loads of these. The idea is to swap magpies with someone else, magpies are territorial and when an 'alien' magpie is making noise in cage, the local birds will come and attack it, getting trapped in the cage in the process. Clever stuff.
    You townies with your hash tags and your stabbings will never understand our simple inbred country ways.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I cant see the point of trapping birds myself as my cats seem to kill most of them :D

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Hash tags and stabbings:rofl:

I is from the hood innit

But I live the country style life..shooting, fishing, rabbiting etc

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Mind you I bring the cats in at night so they don't get killed by foxes or end up in someone's curry :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. I tried Hammersmith in the 90's. The pavements were too wide and I got black bogeys?

Back on topic, magpies, jackdaws, rooks etc will eat eggs and small birds. They'd have a good go at smurf's cat too, if they thought they were on to a winner. So yeh, pest control is morally okay.
    You townies put bumps in the pavements to deter the homeless from sleeping there! What's all that about!?

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I am from the Hammersmith area originally. .born in st marys hospital paddington
    Ever tried magpie or rook breasts spc..taste nice

Advertisement