Came off the ladder today!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by CMRwindowcleaning, Jul 22, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CMRwindowcleaning

CMRwindowcleaning Active Member

Doing a conny roof got a bit excited and over reached a bit to high on the ladder gutter clip snaps bringing the top of the ladder over and bottom slipped straight out! Happened so quick didn't even have time to react. The doors on the conny were open and half of the ladder ended up inside. Nothing really hurt apart form a big bruise on my backside and my PRIDE!! Worst is the house was busy and even the bloody hairdresser was round!! Feeling like a right muppet right now but in the same breath lucky I've learned my lesson from a small con drop and not tradding big second floor windows.

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Glad you get to walk away, most of us have done it at least once.

No harm no foul.

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Hope you feel better soon mate
    We've all come off ..as long as you learn from it
    I use one of these to lean against any type of guttering or upvc in case it breaks
    http://www.ladderstore.com/compact-ladder-stand-off.html
    Keeps you a couple of inches off the gutter and stable
    Also soft ish rubber wheels which squash flat for safety and can be leant on the top of a conny door or frame etc

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

It is also very good if you have to hop over a garage roof etc as you know the ladder will go nowhere with the wheels sitting on the top of the roof

5. CMRwindowcleaning

Looks like a good bit of kit. Worth investing in. Don't plan on taking any risks ever again it really puts you in your place. My customer was more shaken up than me tbh I though she was going to have a heart attack.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

It is so small and lightweight that it lives on my ladder permanently
    That way i never lean on sills etc as always have a little gap between ladder and sill due to wheels being on the wall

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Glad you're ok. I've only ever come off at low height. I came off my A frame once, fell back and went straight on my back. The back of my head missed the corner of a low brick wall by inches. That would've been nasty :(

8. TolishAPurd

Glad you're ok fella.

9. CMRwindowcleaning

Speaking to a guy in the window cleaning supply shop once and he told me a story about a guy that came off a small A frame and landed on his feet the shock moved his spine and left him unable to walk. Not sure how true it is but scary stuff. Shows you why we deserve the right money pretty much closer risking our life every day. Even using a water fed pole has its dangers!

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I fell from the height of the canopy over a front door and fractured my cocyx
    Weeks before i could walk properly..stay safe guys

Advertisement