Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Car scrapped, no work for the next 7 days..

StorminNorman

Was just driving home on the motorway from my last day in my full time job (was driving that road for 2 years without any accidents) and bang - someone hit me from the back when the traffic in front of me went to a standstill and I had to break hard..

In the result I have to wait for my (and his) insurance companies to evaluate the damage.

I am no expert, but I know when it is hard to open front doors after an accident it means that chassis is damaged and that means scrapping.

Probably it is a sign that I should get a van now...

View attachment 8537

dont let the insurance companys fob you off, if its not your fault they have to supply a hire car. i got a brand spankin mercedes when someone drove into the side of my beemer, had it for two months

dont let the insurance companys fob you off, if its not your fault they have to supply a hire car. i got a brand spankin mercedes when someone drove into the side of my beemer, had it for two months
Cheers mate! Not sure that it works so well here in Ireland. They are a total ripoff here.

Shall see tomorrow when they ring me back with a plan of action...

It depends what your policy states

Dig it out and have a read before you speak to them so you know what they agreed to on the policy you signed up to

If it says replacement vehicle etc then they have to supply one

be careful getting a hire car through your own insurer, my mum did this, all was great untill the case was found to be 50/50 fault and they took her to court for the cost of the hire car....7 grand

be careful getting a hire car through your own insurer, my mum did this, all was great untill the case was found to be 50/50 fault and they took her to court for the cost of the hire car....7 grand
There's no 50/50 fault here though. He's been rear ended. Other person is automatically at fault under UK law.

Back