can a water tank with one outlet valve be used to build a two man system

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by colinvansmith, Mar 11, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. hey im looking at buying one of the flat tanks with a 1" outlet can this be split somewhere after the outlet to allow for two reach and wash poles to be used of the one tank or do i need a water tank with two outlets as i can't seem to find any

colin

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I would imagine you could but not sure if it would effect flow etc.

3. nearlyclean

Supplier

You can a Y piece that you fit after the pump and run two poles off http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/12_T_Barb_to_38_male_screw.jpg

4. magic cheers, what pump would you recommend to be powerful enough to run 2 poles and of 100metre reels

colin

5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

You can also get a T that screws directly into the outlet of the tank, and then run 2 pumps seperately.

This has the advantage that if you are running 2 poles - say one on 2nd floor, and one on ground floor - the lower pole doesn't "steal" all the water from the top.

You can get around this by fitting a valve tap onto the lower hose - but in practice it is seldom used.

Sometimes you will also get through a lot more water when one user disconnects - as the total flow goes to the remaining pole.

I know it is a bit more expensive to buy a second pump - but I always like the idea of having a backup plan - if one fails, you are still working.

Dave

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Yes it makes sense to have two pumps really

7. nearlyclean

Supplier

The best set is T piece from the tank going to separate pumps to your poles

8. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

We use 2 pumps and a y piece hose joiner to split the pipe coming out of the tank. Having 2 pumps and 2 controllers also means if one goes down you can still carry on with the round.

9. magic, thanks guys

colin ;)

Advertisement