Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Soft Or Hard?

Ackroyd_82

In winter which type of rubber do you prefer to use. I've always used Ettore soft. But I keep hearing people say that hard rubber is better.

Which rubber have you found to do the best job?

I use hard rubber for downstairs and upstairs (when up ladder) but if im using wagtail on a pole for tricky to get to windows i use soft (seems a bit easier to blade off when doing pole work)

Ettore rubbers aint bad just dont use pulex soft there ****! but if your not using pole then go for hard rubbers, more durable mate

soft all year round for me,

@adyspurs, how are you too quick for soft? a soft rubber with a light touch will be quicker then a hard rubber with heavy hands

Unger soft all year, but never tried hard to be fair!
Mate, am only a part timer while I build a good round up, and I find hard rubber lasts alot longer then the soft, am guessing your full time?Soft rubber only last a couple of days and like I said am part time lol.

I used to pretty much only have upvc windows to clean so it didn't matter what rubber I used, didn't see a difference... But now I've got loads of wooden windows and soft doesn't last a morning...

I hardly use any pressure when using my squeegee, my rubber lasts ages with no probs!! May get a strip of hard rubber though to see how it compares!
yh i agree, i cant understand what people are doing with their blade in order for the rubber to only last 2 days!

Well after a couple of days of trying different kinds of rubbers I now think that Unger soft is far superior to other makes. Noticed the difference straight away which surprised me consudering i have been used to ettore. And @.50p each, I will be happy use a fresh blade every day.

I always used to use ettore soft all year, although never tried anything else never had any trouble with it.

Back