Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO auto shutdown best or popular method

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mark Lynch

Eyup

I wanted to put a float switch in my IBC tank on the pure water inlet from the RO so that the water stops flowing when tank full but have realised that the system will continue to produce waste.

Any idea of the best/most popular method of achieving auto shutdown of the water supply?

Electrical solenoid on the inlet supply controlled by electrical float valve rather than mechanical one?

Ta in advance for any pointers!

Eyup

I wanted to put a float switch in my IBC tank on the pure water inlet from the RO so that the water stops flowing when tank full but have realised that the system will continue to produce waste.

Any idea of the best/most popular method of achieving auto shutdown of the water supply?

Electrical solenoid on the inlet supply controlled by electrical float valve rather than mechanical one?

Ta in advance for any pointers!
A float switch or a ball valve?

A ball valve will only partially stop the r/o so is pointless unless you have a PRF r/o.

A float switch and normally closed solenoid valve are what you want.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/pump-controllers/system-controllers/liquid-logic-trade-autofill.html

The solenoid valve usually goes between the prefilters and the r/o housing. (Mine is before the prefilters.) When the tank is full the float switch cuts power to the coil of the solenoid valve and the valve closes. This stops water to the r/o so stops both waste and pure.

It works just like a washing machine. The machine fills with water until it reaches a certain level and de-activates the (normally closed) solenoid valve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back