Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Someone help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

brada95

Finally made the decision to move onto reach and wash systems just seeing if you lads can point me in the right direction of a full set up so I can just go with no messing around! I don't really want to empty water and full up every morning as that's to much time consuming don't want the Windows to get the hardness of the water to stain the glass! It will be a van mounted system also cheers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

@brada95. Before you rush into anything you need to take stock of your situation and what you can and can't do.

Do you need an r/o? (as per earlier post)

Have you got a place/garage to store water?

Can you protect your r/o unit from frost in the winter?

What size tank have you got or need to purchase that is within the payload of your van's specs?

What van have you got and what is its payload?

How much water will you need a day?

(There are always a number of used 250 liter tank systems for sale on Ebay. In many instances the reason why they are for sale is that the windie has upgraded the size of his tank. 250 liters is not enough water for a day's work in our experience. You might get away with a 350 liter tank, but I fitted 500 liter tanks into both the lad's vans as that gave them ample for a full day's work plus a safety margin. Both vans could take the extra weight.)

What about future expansion?

If you have no place to store water you could process water directly into your van's tank provided you have access to a tap and a drain. (You will need to keep the van warm in winter to stop the r/o from freezing.) Doing it this way will require a fast r/o and the tank must be fitted with an automatic shutoff valve when the tank is full. Faster producing r/o's such as 4021 and 4040 are more expensive.

If you have a place to store water then you could get away with a slower r/o (300 to 450gpd size)  but you will need a transfer pump to pump water to the van's tank as and when you need it.

If you have soft water then you could use a di (double di is better) and slowly fill the van's tank directly from the tap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the answers lads! I have somewhere to store the water I am just trying to make the job easier for me, I have a Vauxhall combo van only small, so not sure how much it can hold tbh and it's mainly just for commercial buildings care homes shopping centre etc the windows my double 16 can't reach thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back