Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Putting prices up?

N

nico roche

Thinking about putting prices up on my round for first time since I bought it few years ago. What is best way to do it? Was thinking off writing a letter with details on rather than explaining myself 100 odd times?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I would hold off if you can, as customers all watching the pennies, overspent at xmas, supermarkets prices going up.

Why not put up any underpriced jobs first. Might get a few cancellations otherwise. [emoji106]

Had two yesterday, 1st one wanted to skip every other clean and go 12 weeks, small house £11.

2nd one would not leave cash out, £12.50, told me she ran a business and 28 days was normal credit.

Needless to say, I told her to do one. [emoji38][emoji38]

Should have told her you would reprice it on your business tariff. £20. She would have soon weighed out the cash

Window Cleaner Chelmsford Chelmsford Cleaning Services
Thinking about doing it in April. It's long over due so shouldn't be to many complaints. Just need to word letter correctly. Need new prices and add bank transfer option on aswell . Also update called cards as number changed a while ago basically bring it all up to modern day . Just changed to wfp from trad to so doing all frame work now as well.

I just write £1 increase next clean on my calling/payment cards only had one custy drop me but that was over 6 months ago . I have been raising some prices this week without issue the biggest been £1.50 , I only inform commercial via a email about price increases outlining the reason for increase

I don't know how it is where you live, but here (and in norway) it's common and acceptable to put prices up according to the rising consumer price index. Peoples income are supposed to rise by the same amount, so it can be considered quite an insult if people complain. Last year it was 2.8% in norway, so it adds up to about £0.5-£1 on my average type of private house.

I just write £1 increase next clean on my calling/payment cards only had one custy drop me but that was over 6 months ago . I have been raising some prices this week without issue the biggest been £1.50
That's what I also do and been doing over the past month.

Some have gone up by only £1 others by several pounds, only one cancelled but that's because I raised it from £15 to £20 but it was priced 3 years ago so the rise was fair but obviously too much in one go.

It was underpriced anyway so losing it is actually a gain [emoji1].

Quite frankly, if I lose every tenth customer I'll still be earning the same money for less work and will free me up to take on new better priced clients [emoji106]

Sent from my CUBOT DINOSAUR using Tapatalk

Hi 1st comment on here , iv been thinking of putting my prices up to but been unsure about it. Most went up £1 about 4 years ago. Some havnt gone up since I took over them 5 years ago. Really been wondering how often others put there prices up. I appreciate any info thanks

I'm doing mine in April as not put them up since I had the round 3 years ago and the previous guy didn't put them up for a few years. As said before costs are going up and so should yours. The customer has a choice and anyone who doesn't want it will free up a bit more time for better paid work!!

The other way of looking at it is from a convenience stores point of view. If they put up prices we would probably still use them. Of course there is a breaking point but if there supplier goes up then they react likewise. Our "suppliers" have gone up (water, gas, diesel etc.) so therefore ours do accordingly. If they are not happy with the explanation tell them b and q have got some good deals on ladders lol. (Other ladder suppliers available ha ha)

I'll wait till full then up the lot by a pound.

I've not don't the figures but I reckon if you put them all up by a quid every April or every other April and you keep advertising taking on work at the higher rated you should eventually be able to raise prices beyond what you can get as new work. When you get to that point you know you are on the limit of pricing.

Back