Can I Make A Decent 'on Demand' System Using These Bits?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by ACW, Jun 17, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. ACW

ACW Member

Hi all. Thanks in advance.

I have accumulated a few bits over the past year which I think might be useable in a diy water purifying set up.

I currently use the 25l vessel straight from my tap as I got fed up double decanting from my trickle TO system. Much prefer it despite increased use of resin...however...

I have the other 2 housing which I am wondering what filters and inserts I would need to buy to make a decent on demand system please?

Please see pics.

20130617_191942.jpg

20130617_192225.jpg 20130617_192457.jpg 20130617_192252.jpg 20130617_192012.jpg 20130617_192416.jpg [attachment
    =3101:20130617_192141.jpg] 20130617_192038.jpg

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. xline

xline Member

by on demand, do you mean you want to make the water as quick as you use it. in other words connect the system to a tap and use the pure water straight from the system up the pole?

3. ACW

ACW Member

/\
    Sorry should have been clearer. Id like to fill my barrels on demand, without taking them out of my vehicle.
    I do currently wheel out the big di vessel for my larger jobs (block of flats) and run it straight to my hose reel and pole and intend to continue with that method for speed and convenience for a while.
    Andy

4. ACW

ACW Member

.. I have no idea of the purpose of the insert that looks like wound string by the way.

The 'Champs' vessel I have used as a di previously but when I've refilled the insert with resin I don't think I get a good enough seal as the tds was still high.

5. ACW

ACW Member

And of course I would like to use it either for filling it onboard pumped when I upgrade to a dedicated van mount.
    Thanks for patience.

6. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

whats your tds at the tap

7. ACW

ACW Member

8. ACW

ACW Member

I'm after buying a small Di vessel in the future to enable me to take it out to site and travel as light as possible as I see that as the future of my business.
    I actually really like those long tube systems I've seen Americans using on YouTube.

9. ACW

ACW Member

Travelling light is to my mind the advantage that we polers need to work on, too many posts on vans and their cost confirm this to my mind. And parking issues..

10. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

They are called hydro carts and can get from window cleaning warehouse but think they are like a grand!

Advertisement