Can I Modify A Clx Like This

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Dodger, Aug 24, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Just a quick question for all that have them, I'm still looking at buying a decent pole that will reach 3rd floor and most know I'm using the diy pressure pump. Problem is I'm using 12.5mm hose as it gives me the best output any lower and pressure drops.

What I've done is take out a rectangular notch approx 3inches by half inch out of end of my Harris instead of drilling a hole so I can put my Y piece on end of hose epoxy it and have that poking out pole (it's the only way I can do it) when the pole end is put back and epoxied in the Harris is still plenty strong enough and rigid.

You lads know how strong the clx is so with that much taken out, if the pole end is epoxied back in will it be strong enough like the Harris. I just don't want to fork out that cash for it to be too weakened and need a longer lighter pole.

I'm thinking of using one of Richards Tecbuk aliminium end for added strength by the way.

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

should be

what pump are you using, to have to use 12.5 m hose

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

DIY eco friendly pressure gizmo

https://www.windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/3215-wfp-on-a-tight-budget-using-a-pressure-sprayer/

As long as I know I can take a piece like this out of the clx I'll buy one :)

4. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

buy a pump and 6mm hose and you shold have no probs

5. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Defeats the object of why I'm using it mate or I would have done.

6. Njones

Njones Well-Known Member
    Supplier

12.5mm hose is HEAVY, especially when full of water!! There's no point having a nice pole & doubling the weight of it like that.

7. mark m

mark m Hero

going to be very tight it measure around 13mm

Attached Files:

8. mark m

mark m Hero

are going to have to look at smaller pipe

Attached Files:

9. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Been looking for some with no more than 13mm outside diameter but 10mm inside, or look at another pole.

For those asking I need the wider diameter for a reason, I need to keep pressure and thin hose doesn't work. I don't want to buy a pump and I have 12.5mm through Harris and it isn't too heavy, thats coming from me at 5 foot 4 lol. I only want to go 3rd floor max but if I ever go higher I'll look at a more conventional method.

Cheers for the pics as well Mark, 13mm would be very tight ya right.

10. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Hmm I'm wondering if it would be worth buying a slightly longer one and discarding the top section.

Advertisement