Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing these 2 jobs

Maund

How much would you charge for these 2 jobs from same customer, only 1 picture of each job I’m afraid.

Just to clear the inside of gutters

Will be using ladders and pro gutter tools.
59bc403812c500ce4828710acc051d85.jpg
d79318019fa72a22d222fb0d2b274311.jpg

First one looks dodgy with the porch, would've thought you'd do them in half a day. 2 men half a day doing gutters for me is £400 min. I have adapted my Gardiner Pole so I can put Gutter Tools on the end which means we set the ladder up over the down pipe and fetch the muck to that point. Much safer, quicker and easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn’t want to do that off a ladder gutter vac would take 2 hours maximum can you hire one or borrow one off someone ?? Much safer , quicker and easier I used to do stuff like that off ladders after getting a vac 8 years ago realised how much easier it makes the job you might occasionally need a ladder for some really awkward bit , there are a lot of vac systems out there now that don’t cost a fortune and will pay for themselves in a couple of jobs 

How did you adapt gardiner pole to fit pro gutter tools? I was trying to buy the right bits last week but I couldnt find it. Im tubeless so was looking at this 

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/pole-fittings/2-adapter-section.html

and i could completely remove section 1 and the brush. But what screw thread will fit in this and fit pro gutter tools? dont tell me I'm being stupid and its a standard gooseneck thread?
Can't actually remember, did it years ago. Will take photos tomorrow. Would never call anyone stupid as I'm far from technical. I don't however recall it being anything but standard  :1f61c:

Wouldn’t want to do that off a ladder gutter vac would take 2 hours maximum can you hire one or borrow one off someone ?? Much safer , quicker and easier I used to do stuff like that off ladders after getting a vac 8 years ago realised how much easier it makes the job you might occasionally need a ladder for some really awkward bit , there are a lot of vac systems out there now that don’t cost a fortune and will pay for themselves in a couple of jobs 
Do both jobs in 2 hours max???? I do an awful lot of Gutters with both gutter vac and ladders with Pro tools and never done a job quicker with a gutter vac. 

So where would you price it?

Can't actually remember, did it years ago. Will take photos tomorrow. Would never call anyone stupid as I'm far from technical. I don't however recall it being anything but standard  :1f61c:

I was looking at this 

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/pole-fittings/aluminium-acme-accessory-screw-thread.html

But it specifically says pro gutter tools don’t fit. 

I have a habit of over complicating things and then I sit and and it tell someone else I realise how simple I could have been

gonna have to spend another £50at gardiner now to get my free delivery ;-)

I was looking at this 

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/pole-fittings/aluminium-acme-accessory-screw-thread.html

But it specifically says pro gutter tools don’t fit. 

I have a habit of over complicating things and then I sit and and it tell someone else I realise how simple I could have been

gonna have to spend another £50at gardiner now to get my free delivery ;-)
Can't remember where I bought the parts, probably had them lying around. All I have to do is take screw out of brush head angle and screw this on. 

IMG_20171104_1509524.jpg

Do both jobs in 2 hours max???? I do an awful lot of Gutters with both gutter vac and ladders with Pro tools and never done a job quicker with a gutter vac. 

So where would you price it?
No I didn’t mean both jobs in two hours top picture two hours is what I meant Ime not that fast ????

Price wise top picture about £200 to 250 picture isn’t very good about what may be round the back bottom one £150 to £175 both jobs should be able to be done in a morning depending on distance between them : we do a nursing home every 3 months the gutters are full each time with moss there is over 300 meters of guttering and that takes us a morning to do and get about 12 big bin liners of moss out of them : personally we find the vac a lot quicker it’s not suitable for everything but 99% of the time we don’t get a ladder out 

Ended up quoting both done for £360. Doing the second one first, pic further up is the back of the house. Doing it on my own, bloody job and a half, 4 hours it took me just for the back haha!

Ended up quoting both done for £360. Doing the second one first, pic further up is the back of the house. Doing it on my own, bloody job and a half, 4 hours it took me just for the back haha!
Still not bad money though bet it’s a pain doing it off a ladder 

We work on £25 per side that has gutter , we only use our sky vac , prices were we live arnt the best , but we are taking most of the business in our area sinse buying the skyvac

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

That looks like the salad counter at my local Morrisons. Must admit never seen a gutter with that growth in it, and I've literally done miles of Gutters. 

Did one like that last Friday morning but thankfully only half of the front gutter was like that......ended up ladder up pull it out job done quicker than vac.......vac is great and quick for loose debris but sometimes it's just quicker to get ladder off.

Back