Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Winter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

lee.h

hi guys, havent been on here for ages, been a busy man getting stuff sorted...

just wondering if you boys are able to get new work during the winter... this is my first winter and im just wondering if its worth bothering to knock /leaflet etc???

im finding alot of my customers dont want cleaning in the rain (light drizzle even). this is a bit of an issue really.. so how do you guys combat this issue as well..

any help would really be appreciated..

thanks lee

No body wants there windows cleaned when its raining (even light rain!) but you tell them that you have bills to pay and cant stop everytime it rains!

I find or at least think that by picking up customers in the winter will want to keep you on all year round, as the ones you pick up in the summer, will more likly say to you can you stop cleaning now that its winter as they dont get as dirty as quick as summer...

So I tell them I offer all year round service so even in the winter and I dont just do it for fun..

i still pick up work in the winter, still knock etc, i only clean in light rain(trad) and dont find many complain, you have to train your customers to accept it, any that still only want you to clean in good weather you will have to either be flexible with and fit them into days when its dry or drop them, but you should be able to move things around enough to only clean the custys that dont mind it in the rain

For your first question, regarding gaining work in the winter. You should still get out there and canvass and flyer just the same. I am fairly well established, but If I do pick up a customer on a particular street I don't do, I get out there and canvass the whole street prompto. Go after the customers, all year round don't stop. You might get a couple that will say, "oh not in the winter" fine, let them clean their own windows. But you will also get plenty, that will be raving about getting their windows cleaned in time for a christmas tree going up.

I swings on roundabouts, but if you're still building up your rounds, the mistake IMO would be not to try, regardless of how successful it is, but I think you may be surprised.

With regards to dealing with customers, who only want their windows done when its sunny say this...

"We will guarantee that the rain will not make your windows dirty, I am more than happy to leave you my number, and you can give me a call tomorrow if they are not clean. I will come back out, inspect the windows and redo them, or give you your money back, if that is the case. Unfortunately we would not be able to continue to offer our service to you if you only want them done when it is dry. As we cannot guarantee that it wouldn't begin to rain part of the way through the work, but mainly because we would not be in business if we stopped working, every time there was a little drizzle.".

I agree with ladder, and the customers we pick up in the winter are likely to stick to us all year round /emoticons/smile.png xxxxx

H stop giving everyone kisses, we do love you but not that much /emoticons/tongue.png

I would defo canvas in the winter because the customers you get will be the all year rounders which is what you want.

When I do a quote I will inform the client of our "rain" policy and base the quote upon that.

Basically if people dot want it cleaning I. The rain then ill skip them till there next round, also there is 10% surcharge on those that opt out during rain.

Latest Posts

Back