Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

PS error on controler

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Recalibrate the controller.

What's happening is that the controller's in build pressure switch isn't dead ending (DE) before the pump's pressure switch is kicking in.

[media]

[/media]

Sorry @Leicester24, I should have asked.

Is it the 'new' Spring controller one with 2 k nobs on the front, a small one and a larger one?

If it is then you manually adjust the pressure switch by turning the small dial k ***. I haven't go one but I think its anti clockwise to turn the pressure down.

The PS is the pump's pressure switch which is a manual switch on the pump usually set to 100psi on Shurflo pumps for example.

DE is an electronic pressure switch. It isn't a pressure switch actually as it reacts to the amount of amps the pump motor draws. If the PS light is showing when everything is working 100% then the flow controller is set to cut out at a higher pressure than the pump pressure switch.

There was a cleaner on one of the forums a while back who was trying to get a small pack pump to work on a Spring flow controller. In his case the small low current draw pump and the pressure switch factory set at 65psi didn't work together.

What pump have you got?

Has the system been working previously?

If the answer to this one is yes, then check any Hozelock stop connectors. I've also had a kink in the hose and the beginning of the hose reel (closest the drum) which stopped water flow.

Have you got the battery polarity wrong when reconnecting the battery after recharging?

What battery are you using?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry @Leicester24, I should have asked.
Is it the 'new' Spring controller one with 2 k nobs on the front, a small one and a larger one?

If it is then you manually adjust the pressure switch by turning the small dial k ***. I haven't go one but I think its anti clockwise to turn the pressure down.

The PS is the pump's pressure switch which is a manual switch on the pump usually set to 100psi on Shurflo pumps for example.

DE is an electronic pressure switch. It isn't a pressure switch actually as it reacts to the amount of amps the pump motor draws. If the PS light is showing when everything is working 100% then the flow controller is set to cut out at a higher pressure than the pump pressure switch.

There was a cleaner on one of the forums a while back who was trying to get a small pack pump to work on a Spring flow controller. In his case the small low current draw pump and the pressure switch factory set at 65psi didn't work together.

What pump have you got?

Has the system been working previously?

If the answer to this one is yes, then check any Hozelock stop connectors. I've also had a kink in the hose and the beginning of the hose reel (closest the drum) which stopped water flow.

Have you got the battery polarity wrong when reconnecting the battery after recharging?

What battery are you using?

Hey Spruce,

The pump has been good for about 18 months but just recently had this PS fault.

In respect of re calibrating my analogue controller how do I make the controller 'forget' its current calibration ? I would expect that just disconnecting it from its power source is not going to be enough ?

All the hozelock connectors are going to be replaced today

It will or should forget its current calibration once you turn the small **** either way, unless a fault has developed inside the electronics of your controller @Leicester24.

I would take the pressure switch out of the circuit and see what happens. Varistream controllers have always instructed us to remove the pressure switch from the circuit whereas Spring suggest you leave it in.

A fellow window cleaner nearby was having issues with his Varistream and Shurflo pump combination a couple of years back. He left the pressure switch in the circuit when he fitted the Varistream a couple of years previously. When we removed the PS from the circuit the Varistream started to perform perfectly as it had done. It is still working fine today. We feel that there was some issue that developed with the PS but I have no idea what.

Back